Thread: Free Avira Internet Security 2012 licenses [Facebook]

Free Avira Internet Security 2012 licenses [Facebook]

Note:
    They label this a "Sweepstakes" however everyone who enters will receive a license thus it is not a limited promo.

As stated on their Facebook page:

"We’re going to give everyone who enters this sweepstakes a free Avira Internet Security 2012 license, but we need your help."

Please read the promo page for full details.

Promo Link:

Last edited by Jeremy; 16-09-11 at 10:10 AM.

Entered my name good offer and hopefully everyone will get a full year.

4. i got an email with this message:
    "an Avira Internet Security 2012 license
    Winners selected after October 17, 2011."
    Winners selected?

We can trust Avira in this matter. They said Everyone So everyone is a winner

Quote Originally Posted by ronen1n View Post
    i got an email with this message:
    "an Avira Internet Security 2012 license
    Winners selected after October 17, 2011."
    Winners selected?
    What I believe that means is that at that date the promo will be over, you'll receive your license. (everyone who enters will be receiving one as stated by Avira). The amount of time the subscription gives you will be determined by the number of "Likes" they receive between now and then. As Sam said, you will get a license. They may send you a license prior, but I believe they will wait until they know exactly how much subscription time to give before licenses are sent out and use a special license key with the determined amount of subscription time that will be given.

So don't worry ronen1n. Avira is a reputable company and if they say they will give a license to everyone they will. Like I said I think they are waiting until the promo is over to determine exactly how much subscription time everyone's license will be good for. Being that it is on Facebook, and it only takes a click to "Like" them, I wouldn't doubt that a whole year will be given or close to it. I don't need Avira, but I "Liked" them to help out in the people who do need/want it.

On a side note, Section 3. of the official rules state the following:

"3. PRIZES. Subject to the terms of these Official Rules, once confirmed by Sponsor, the winner(s) will receive the following:
    Campaign 1: Every Participant gets a License for Avira Internet Security 2012, the License runtime depends on the final fan number the Sponsor will gain, each 10,000 fans we will add 1 month run time to each License."

*UPDATE* - This is what Avira had to say on the matter in a comment on Facebook:

The license information will be sent to the email address that you used for the sweepstakes after the end of the campaign on October 17th."

So no worries to those who enter, you'll receive your license key when the promo is over.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 16-09-11 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    The amount of time the subscription gives you will be determined by the number of "Likes" they receive between now and then. As Sam said, you will get a license. They may send you a license prior, but I believe they will wait until they know exactly how much subscription time to give before licenses are sent out and use a special license key with the determined amount of subscription time that will be given.
    This whole matter is unclear and Avira should have mentioned these things. Especially, the subscription length of license. They didn't told us what the duration of basic license, if at all they didn't get 10000 likes... Anyway, you've cleared some of my doubts Jeremy, which I misread on their FB page.

Thanks for sharing, Jeremy!