Thread: Norton Mobile Security Lite for Android

Norton Mobile Security Lite for Android

Description from Norton:

NEW! Norton™ Mobile Security Lite protects your mobile device against loss, theft and malware. Norton lends its anti-malware, anti virus, and security expertise to mobile. Your life and your important stuff is on your phone. Keep it safe with Norton™ Mobile Security Lite for Android.

FREE ANTIMALWARE PROTECTION that eliminates viruses and malware before they infect your phone:
    • Automatic antivirus scan for downloaded apps and app updates to protect against threats
    • Detects and removes mobile security threats cybercriminals use to steal your personal info, spam you with texts, or take control of your phone
    • Option of scanning SD card (Secure Digital) data for threats when inserted into your phone with advanced virus protection

REMOTE LOCK allows you to remotely lock your phone if it is lost or stolen:
    • Remotely place a security lock on your phone with a simple text message so thieves can’t access your info or run up your bill
    • Protects your private information from prying eyes in case your device is lost or stolen

ALWAYS FAST and easy to use, Norton Mobile Security won’t slow you down:
    • Download and install your security app with just a few clicks
    • Seamlessly checks for any updates available every week for the most up-to-date protection
    • Won’t use up your phone’s resources or slow down your web browsing
    • Won’t drain your battery life

Note - There is a paid upgrade available which contains extra features including:

• ANTI-THEFT PROTECTION* that allows you to remotely locate, lock and wipe your phone if its lost or stolen
    • WEB PROTECTION provides a privacy guard that helps protect your personal information
    • CALL AND TEXT BLOCKING* allows you to have peace of mind (and peace and quiet) on your mobile device

For more information or to download the app, please visit the Android Market Link below:

Thanks Jeremy. I prefer Lookout Antivirus.

Its free and has Antivirus/Antimalware + Find my phone + Backup/Restore

I haven't tried any other AV on my phone

TBH, I have not tried any AV for the phone just yet.. there is not much at as far as viruses for android just yet that I have seen or heard of.. i use titanium backup for backup/restore options and I have Android lost for anti theft.. with AL, i can send texts to my phone to wipe it, lock it.. i can locate it and it found me within 5m or so and emails me the googlemap screenshot so you can see exactly where it is.. great app so far and free. so, for now.. not gonna bog my phone down using up more resources for an AV since it does not appear to be a huge threat just yet.. jsut my 2cents zug

Thanks Jeremy but i prefer Webroot and Dr. Web
    @Zug antivirus don't consume much memory, better to be on safer side than regretting later

I hear there is a anti-virus for Tablets also .....

what's next- Ipad, iphone, nook, etc....