Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Download Firefox 7 with better Memory use from Mozilla servers - Discussion

Smile Download Firefox 7 with better Memory use from Mozilla servers - Discussion

As many of us know that Firefox had already adopted the rapid release cycle just like chrome which means a new Firefox version is released almost every six weeks. Firefox 5 was first release in that cycle. Mozilla has released Firefox 7.0 (official announcement yet to come, but the installer is available on Mozilla FTP servers). Many of you already [...]

Downloaded today and got a popup saying the following add-ons are not compatible with this version of Firefox and have been disabled. Ok with me as I don't use these anyhow.

http://i53.tinypic.com/b4u4hu.png

Did you get a feedback tab by your home tab in the navigation bar?

Quote Originally Posted by clyde View Post
    Did you get a feedback tab by your home tab in the navigation bar?
    No I did not

The must have removed it with the final release

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Mike it really picked on your Kaspersky add ons.

Quote Originally Posted by clyde View Post
    The must have removed it with the final release

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Mike it really picked on your Kaspersky add ons.
    Here is my navigation bar there is No feedback Tab

http://i52.tinypic.com/1iihoi.png

Yes it must not like Kaspersky.

Thanks for the update Avinash. I just installed FireFox 7.

Addons: Java Console 6 and 7 disabled.

FF gave me an option to enable feedback. Before I could choose Yes or No, it vanished....poof

Anyway no ugly "feedback" button on my nav bar.

All the kaspersky add-ons are required for secure browsing mike and that's why they are given. We never use them as they work in the back ground automatically. Next time if they don't work on a new version wait till they work(i mean wait for an update) before installing the latest browser.

Kaspersky is always late for updating their Firefox add-ons, Mike. The first time I installed KIS 2011 after winning my key from you, I found their three Firefox add-ons were not compatible with Firefox 5 (or was it 4 (?)) either. And when they were ready, guess what? Firefox 6 (or was it 5 (?)) was released a week after that! And there goes the setback happened again.

But Kaspersky is not the only one. With this rapid release cycle that Mozilla takes, we may find other companies that miss the train too. Techsmith, for instance. They have not updated their Snagit add-on for Firefox 3! Only download manager applications, such as Internet Download Manager or GetGo, which seems to be really putting effort into catching up Firefox release schedule.

Well... as Corker said, with such a fast rapid release cycle, there are bound to have some incompatibilities with add-ons or extensions and that too, when we jump to install it even 1 day before the browser is officially released. (I am talking about the Firefox 7 here which was yet to be released officially when we downloaded the installer from Mozilla FTP).

This rapid release cycle has got its own advantages and disadvantages. The incompatibility is one of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast