Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Give Your PC a Fall Tune-up - Discussion

Smile Give Your PC a Fall Tune-up - Discussion

For most of us, summer is officially over and it’s now the Fall season. A lot of us spend more time on summer activities than doing Computer-related tasks. So now is a great time to do some maintenance to get our PC’s working in top condition. Below are some maintenance tips that anyone can do to get your PC performing [...]

Nice post Jeremy

A lot of us perform quick scans on our PC’s routinely, but it’s always a good idea to run a Full/Deep Scan of your computer at least once per week to make sure your PC is free of any viruses or malware. An uninfected machine is a happy machine.
    Running scans weekly is still a time consuming process, I run full scans once a month.

Other points are good, especially cleaning the physical components of the PC

Thank you Ashwin for your kind words, I am glad you enjoyed the article.

Enjoyed reading your article Jeremy keep up the great work.

Fine post Jeremy, but nope. I never do the physical cleaning. I am far too ignorant for that.
    Let me see how this goes. Ha, as I have guessed, the spaces between my keyboard caps are invested by dust!

Thanks corker for reading the article. As long as you use a little care, it isn't too difficult to do some physical cleaning, and if your fans and vents are dirty it can cause airflow problems and cause your PC to run to hot which can slow down your PC's performance, as well as shorten the life of your hardware. When your components get hot, they expand, when you shut down your PC, they cool back down and contract. Over time the expanding and contracting of your components can cause damage. Good airflow helps minimize the expansion of your hardware and prolongs component life. If you decide to try cleaning your PC, just make sure you disconnect all power to the machine i.e. disconnect the Power Supply Unit from power and use a soft dry cloth or dry cotton swab. If you have compressed air, that works great. Remember when cleaning your fans that you want to be careful not to directly spray them with air as this can cause damage to the fans if they spin too fast. Just use your finger or cotton swab to hold the fan in place during cleaning. As long as you minimize touching components and cords you'll be fine. You can do it corker!

Just found out that this article by Jeremy has been cited by Techsupportalert i.e. Gizmos Freeware

Thanks Jeremy for putting the great article

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Just found out that this article by Jeremy has been cited by Techsupportalert i.e. Gizmos Freeware

Thanks Jeremy for putting the great article
    Awesome

Awesome J! First article is a big hit...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast