Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TestDrive Internet Explorer 9

TestDrive Internet Explorer 9

Interested in checking out the new Web platform capabilities of Internet Explorer 9?

Microsoft's new Web browser, Internet Explorer 9 stands in the wings. A very early test version invites you to try. "Internet Explorer 9" Now you can first try as much slimmed down edition. The so-called "Platform Preview is" merely a demonstration of the revised browser engine.
    In addition to presenting web pages (with "Ctrl + O"), you can start with the preview version as good as nothing. You have to give up nearly all the features that characterize a modern browser.

Numerous demonstrations, which will examine the new engine for their suitability, provides Microsoft with the trial version.
    We look forward to what will bring the IE 9 in the final version. The speed increase in this "Platform Preview" impressed.

Note: To install the "Internet Explorer 9", you need the pre-release Internet Explorer 8.
    Last edited by Mike; 17-03-10 at 03:10 AM.

I heard about it over the web. Still to test it. Hope it can start matching other browsers like chrome and firefox.

Great job Mike,

You always find the best stuff.
    Im downloading it now!

The preview does not support any earlier version than Vista SP 2, this stinks.
    Boo Microsoft

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Avinash, i think you misunderstood me.

I downloaded the file, it wont install in any earlier version than Vista SP 2

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Avinash, i think you misunderstood me.

I downloaded the file, it wont install in any earlier version than Vista SP 2
    I didn't misunderstood you. The link was for those who are too lazy to google.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    I didn't misunderstood you. The link was for those who are too lazy to google.
    :-) LOL i was the one who misunderstood you

Check out this article i googled
    Code:
    http://rcpmag.com/blogs/lee-pender/2010/03/ie9-hates-xp.aspx
    Win XP and IE 9, not possible? :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Check out this article i googled
    Code:
    http://rcpmag.com/blogs/lee-pender/2010/03/ie9-hates-xp.aspx
    Win XP and IE 9, not possible? :-(
    Just read it. Well, that's the way Microsoft work. Trying to find ways to make users buy new OS from them.

Anyway, as we all know, there are much better browsers like chrome and firefox available and we hope they can maintain the lead even with IE 9. So XP users do have a choice.

I rarely use IE until its compulsory on few sites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast