Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Raxco PerfectDisk 12 Professional Review and Giveaway

Count me in. Really liked this software. Thnx arn and jeremy.

PD12-Great tool for effective prevention of fragmentation and defragmentation of hard drives.Please, count me in.Thank you for the giveaway& Regards!

Thumbs up

Great product, count me in !
    Thanks,

Hello, thanks for great giveaway. I would like to take a part in this contest. Please count me. Greetings.

I would suggest people who already have Diskeeper to not join the raffle. There is no good in using Diskeeper and Raxco PerfectDisk complementary since each of them has its own algorithm. SMARTPlacement for Perfect Disk and I-FAAST with Diskeeper. Mixing them both may bring setbacks to your computer. Give the chance to others who has not had top tier defragmenter installed. I am a user of Diskeeper 2011 myself so do not count me in for this giveaway. But before moving to Diskeeper 2011, I used PerfectDisk 11 so I would like to point several aspects out.

The interface is improved. I like it. I would go further by saying that PerfectDisk has better interface than Diskeeper has. Frankly, Diskeeper has never comforted me. But it is OK because Diskeeper is created as an install-and-forget application while PerfectDisk still mantains its semi-automatic flavour. Proven by you have those blocks and report of fragmentation rates presented like the usual Windows Defragmenter, but there is no such thing in Diskeeper. Perfect Disk 12 also provides more plenty of defragmentation methods like always, including Stealth Patrol which is the nemesis of Diskeeper's InvisiTasking technology. (Simply put, Stealth Patrol and InvisiTasking are way for the running defragmentation not slowing down your computer nor degrading its performance. Each has its own definition on how to achieve it).

There are two new features in this latest edition, OptiWrite and S.M.A.R.T monitoring of phisical drives (you need to have modern harddisk for this one to work). The concept of OptiWrite, prevents most fragmentation on your drive before it occurs, is similar to Diskeeper’s IntelliWrite feature. Even we should get this from the name. Why does Raxco have to assign such a name, anyway? Does Raxco have some sort of secret obsession against Diskeeper?

The S.M.A.R.T monitoring replaces Space Analyzer and Duplicate Finder feature given in PerfectDisk 11. The former turned out to be not going very well. Indeed, space management and duplicate finding is not that simple as they involve byte by byte, MD5, or CRC based comparison to produce an exact result. PerfectDisk 11 was not clear with the method they used. So, let other companies do this job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Selected Files Defrag:- PerfectDisk provide a nice option to defrag any selected files. This is quite a new
    feature and I am not sure whether any other defragment tool having this one. You just need to select
    any specific files and PerfectDisk will instantly defrag it.
    At least there are two other programs which support it as well: Defraggler and Puran Defrag. In fact, both of them used to add this feature as a command shell. But this is where I realized how PerfectDisk is smarter than them. You see, command shell is a shortcut assigned on right click mouse button by particular application, mainly antivirus, to let users execute an action without opening the actual application’s main interface. Users may save their time with this way. But that is not the case with defragmenter. Logically, we would defrag a file which is relatively fragmented. And how could we know that the file needs to be defragged? By opening the interface and analyzing the disk! Then why do we need a command shell in the first place? Smarter than other, that is what makes you the best in the business and Raxco Perfect Disk has this quality.

I’d like to sum up my post by highly recommending PerfectDisk 12 for performing defragmentation on your disk. However, if by chances you do not feel any significant boost in computing performance, then no need to wonder. That means your PC is good enough even without third party defragmenter application's aid. There are logical explanations for that, such as you haven't utilized a half of your huge haddisk space or you have unconsciously scheduled your Windows 7 PC to run automatic defragmentation every Wednesday night.
    Last edited by corker; 01-10-11 at 05:41 PM.

Thanks for all the added information corker it makes giveaways more interesting when others make comments about the products.

I would suggest people who already have Diskeeper to not join the raffle. There is no good in using Diskeeper and Raxco PerfectDisk complementary since each of them has its own algorithm. SMARTPlacement for Perfect Disk and I-FAAST with Diskeeper. Mixing them both may bring setbacks to your computer. Give the chance to others who has not had top tier defragmenter installed.
    I totally agree with you corker.

Great giveaway, good luck to the participants
    Please do not count me in.

very nice giveaway .Looks like a quality piece of soft ware and would help me out very ,much. thanks Raxco and mods much appreciated

The best app to defragment hard disks. Count me in!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast