Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raxco PerfectDisk 12 Professional Review and Giveaway

Raxco PerfectDisk 12 Professional Review and Giveaway

The following review of PerfectDisk 12 Professional was done by Forum Moderator Alpha

PerfectDisk 12 Professional

If you are using a system for a long period of time then you are bound to experience slowdown and few
    lags. This is quite natural. But what most people don’t know is why we experience such slowdown and
    lags. I must say there can be quite a few things which cause this phenomenon. Among those, one of it is
    Fragmentation.

According to Wikipedia-
    In computer storage, fragmentation is a phenomenon in which storage space is used inefficiently,
    reducing storage capacity and in most cases reducing the performance. The term is also used to denote
    the wasted space itself.

To help overcome such a situation we need disk defragmentation. There are quite a few software
    available which does disk defragmentation. They generally examine the disk for fragmented files and
    then optimize it. One such software, and probably the best, is PerfectDisk from Raxco.

PerfectDisk 12: A closer look

We have already discussed why we need PerfectDisk, so let’s look at it in detail and see what it offers.
    PerfectDisk 12 comes in various flavors but today I will look into the professional version.
    The first thing which will strike you is its interface. It has a clean, lean look with all the tools and options
    well organized. The reason I mentioned about the interface is because some of the other well-known
    defragmentation software comes with very clumsy and confusing interface.

The working is pretty simple. Just select the drive, click on the “Analyze” button and wait for couple of
    minutes till it analyze. PerfectDisk will analyze the drive and present the report. In the drive map it will
    show you pictorially with multicolored square boxes precisely the condition of that drive and in the
    statistics it will present a detail report of that drive like summary, recommended action, file statistics,
    most fragmented files etc. After reading the statistics if you feel it needs a defragmentation then simple
    click the “Start” button to start the process.

The two most impressive feature of perfectDisk is its faster analysis and defragmentation and it is
    extremely light on resource. The old fashioned disk defragmentation software use to take hours, even
    days, to complete the defragmentation while perfectDisk is extremely fast and accurate. Another
    problem with the old disk defragmentation software was they were very heavy on resource and that
    makes it impossible to perform any other tasks while they were running. But it is not the case with
    PerfectDisk. It is extremely light on resource and while it runs on background you can easily perform
    other tasks.

Features:

OptiWrite – Real-time Fragmentation prevention:- Fragmentation prevention is a necessity now a days
    and it is there on most of the defragmentation tool. It is quite an important feature. In PerfectDisk this
    feature is named as OptiWrite. OptiWrite intelligently prevents fragmentation before it happens.
    OptiWrite detects when windows is going to fragment files and intelligently redirects I/O to stop the
    fragmentation from occurring.

Auto-Optimization:- Another notable feature which is quite common on today’s defragmentation tools
    is auto-optimization. Generally when the system is idle it runs automatically on the background to
    improve the performance. PerfectDisk gave us considerable freedom on how we want to use this autooptimization.
    We can run it when the system is idle or we can run it when the screen saver is active. We
    do have the options on which drives to run it on. We can easily select particular drives to run it. There is
    also an auto-optimization exclusion settings weekly chart were we can exclude auto-optimization on a
    particular day/time.

Boot Time Defrag:- PerfectDisk provide a very advanced boot time defrag. It is capable of defragmenting
    Master File Table (MFT) and other various system files which can only be defragmented during boot
    time. This boot time defrag further improves the system performance.

S.M.A.R.T . Monitoring:- This is a great new feature in PerfectDisk. It monitors the status of physical
    drives and issues alerts and warnings for hardware performance and reliability.

Selected Files Defrag:- PerfectDisk provide a nice option to defrag any selected files. This is quite a new
    feature and I am not sure whether any other defragment tool having this one. You just need to select
    any specific files and PerfectDisk will instantly defrag it.

These are the few notable features which I have touched upon. It is packed with features and I would
    suggest you to use it to know more about it.

PerfectDisk 12: Concluding Lines

I have started this review by saying PerfectDisk as the best defragmentation software and I will still stick
    to my words. I am sure by now many will also feel the same. I would suggest you all to try it and know
    how good it is and how much difference it can make to your system.
    There are many positives of this software – easy to use interface, simple and easy settings, no
    unnecessary features, flexible, fast, light on resource etc. All these features just points to one simple fact
    that this is certainly the best defragmentation solution.

Thanks to Raxco Software, Avinashtech has 3 Licenses of PerfectDisk 12 Professional for a giveaway to forum members.

Terms and Conditions:
    1. Any forum member can participate in this giveaway.
    2. Giveaway will end on October 5, 2011.
    3. Winners will be announced here on October 6, 2011.
    4. Selection will be random and unbiased.

5. Winners must provide their name and a valid e-mail address to receive their license directly from Raxco Software. Winners can PM me here at the Avinashtech forums with their information at the conclusion of the Giveaway. (Please do not post any e-mail addresses in forum posts).

A very special thanks to Joe Abusamra of Raxco Software Inc. for making this Giveaway possible.
    Last edited by Mike; 30-09-11 at 06:50 AM.

Great review Arnab and I would like to give a big thanks to Jeremy for making this giveaway possible along with Joe Abusamra of Raxco Software Inc. for donating these licenses.

Don't include my name in this giveaway.
    Last edited by Mike; 30-09-11 at 03:00 PM.

Good review Arnab, and thanks Jeremy.

Appreciate if U could count me for this giveaway.

Nice Giveaway! Please consider me in this Giveaway and thanks!

Woww.. Great Review & also One of the Best Software for Disk Optimization Tool. Really great to have this software runs on windows to enhance it's performance.
    Please Count me in Jeremy in this Giveaway.

THX, LJBU!

is nice thanks Jeremy

that is nice Giveaway
    Please I need it thank you.

Great review & giveaway.
    Please, count me in.
    Thanks

really great and very useful software! thank you for good review and very nice giveaway! please count me in.

A dedicated review, well structured easy to follow and now the soft effect on the hard drive and windows performance will be greater, thanks for the contest.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast