Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much does your Android Phone battery last?

How much does your Android Phone battery last?

Battery life is one of major concerns for anyone using a Android device. How much does your Android hone or device battery last till you need to recharge it?

Mine usually lasts for 2 days.

Attachment 354

With browsing/twitter + music(1 or 2 hours) + updating apps + texting + calls + ebooks (1 or 2 hours)

I usually get about 1 day.

I don't wait for it to drain completely. I charege the phone once it falls below 30%

too many apps, browsing- will drain battery a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    too many apps, browsing- will drain battery a lot
    Only if the apps run in the backgrund continously (as services)

Btw Avi, which ROM and kernel are you using?

And what's your general usage? 2 days is like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Btw Avi, which ROM and kernel are you using?

And what's your general usage? 2 days is like
    ASh, the Rom is same as you have perhaps... i.e. mik_os CyanogenMod 7.1-RC1 (Android 2.3.5) 6.5.7.

THe screenshot was with moderate use of Wifi plus GPRS with twitter on demand plus few mins of AQngry birds and Cut the rope. And few phone calls.

Usually mine does last for ~2 days unless my daughter gets it for few hours.

Also keep in mind, I got juice defender free running along .. may be that makes some difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    ASh, the Rom is same as you have perhaps... i.e. mik_os CyanogenMod 7.1-RC1 (Android 2.3.5) 6.5.7.
    Nope. I am using Cyanogenmatt 1.1. But it is based on Mik's mod.

THe screenshot was with moderate use of Wifi plus GPRS with twitter on demand plus few mins of AQngry birds and Cut the rope. And few phone calls.
    That is more than what I use

Usually mine does last for ~2 days unless my daughter gets it for few hours.
    Games, right?
    Also keep in mind, I got juice defender free running along .. may be that makes some difference.
    So do I, but it doesn't save much for me

you guys should try Green Power Free... i used to use Juice Defender, but I think GP gives me a bit more battery life and think it works a tad bit better.. might wanna check it out.. for me.. Using CM7 beta on my Atrix.. right now im sitting at 22hrs and at 48%.. that is with some browsing, texting, wifi, phone calls, and all the other normal stuff using some apps..

also.. if your using a custom kernel and OC'ing.. if your not, use SetCPU and mess with the custom profiles for your speeds.. like keep it at your "max" speed when you use it, but then go in and set the speed to run at minimum when screen is off, lower speed when under a certain % like 30.. slow down when over a certain temp.. etc.... this will help you out a lot.. thinking Avi uses it or somthing sim but maybe not you ash? :P

zug

Quote Originally Posted by Zug View Post
    you guys should try Green Power Free... i used to use Juice Defender, but I think GP gives me a bit more battery life and think it works a tad bit better.. might wanna check it out.. for me.. Using CM7 beta on my Atrix.. right now im sitting at 22hrs and at 48%.. that is with some browsing, texting, wifi, phone calls, and all the other normal stuff using some apps..

also.. if your using a custom kernel and OC'ing.. if your not, use SetCPU and mess with the custom profiles for your speeds.. like keep it at your "max" speed when you use it, but then go in and set the speed to run at minimum when screen is off, lower speed when under a certain % like 30.. slow down when over a certain temp.. etc.... this will help you out a lot.. thinking Avi uses it or somthing sim but maybe not you ash? :P

zug
    Thank you for the feedback.

Looks like Ash found the culprit and it is the always ON GPRS due to active Background data sync option being enabled. He just made it on demand and found incredible amount of improvement in the battery life. Ash may add something to it.

Will check the Green Power App soon. Thanx for recommending it. Hopefully its better than Juice defender.

Yeah.. i like it.. and you can set different criteria and modes.. in night mode (though i think you need paid version for night mode).. you can set to turn off that stuff.. right now i know that wiht my settings, after 10pm to about 6 or 7am, i only lose like 10% max that is with GP free and my setcpu settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast