Thread: Firefox 8 beta adds twitter as a search engine - Discussion

Smile Firefox 8 beta adds twitter as a search engine - Discussion

With rapid release in place, Firefox keeps adding one feature or the other in their upcoming release.* Firefox just released Firefox 8 beta version with addition of few new features plus as usual loads of bug fixes and improvements. Some of the major additions with Firefox 8 is being Twitter being added as a search engine, better control of addons [...]

I don't think twitter search will be of much use as there are many such twitter search apps. Anyway with this rapid release cycle we can never expect huge and major changes in FF. So we should be happy with these kind of changes only. I am still not sure whether they did the right thing by moving on to this rapid release cycle technique.

I still think twitter search right inside browser makes a lot of difference compared to it being available with other apps or even inside the twitter login. I never use google web page to search anything but instead use the search box in Firefox or chrome.

Also, twitter results are good when you want real time latest information. Yes, it cant replace Google search results for sure.

FF 7 brought better memory management, FF8 will bring Chrome UI I hope they won't change/copy UI