Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Softpedia 10 Year Anniversary Giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by hakah View Post
    Alpha: I skip that giveaway that time!
    Same here .

Quote Originally Posted by hakah View Post
    corno: MBAM or SAS would be better than Emsisoft antimlaware!
    To each his own, Hakah. I did try MBAM and I did like it, I give you that, but IMO it is not as full-fledged as EAM. As for SAS, never used it, but I read many complaints that the program can be buggy. Also, its detection rate is not as good as, say, Kaspersky, Norton, not to mention EAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corno View Post
    To each his own, Hakah. I did try MBAM and I did like it, I give you that, but IMO it is not as full-fledged as EAM. As for SAS, never used it, but I read many complaints that the program can be buggy. Also, its detection rate is not as good as, say, Kaspersky, Norton, not to mention EAM.
    On seeing you comparing with Kaspersky/Norton, i have a feeling you are talking about real time protection, am i right?
    When hakah asked you to try MBAM or SAS, i am sure he thought about using them as on-demand scanner. So you both are talking about same thing but for different purpose.

I perfectly agreed with you that neither MBAM and nor SAS can alone be used as real time protection. So if you are thinking about real time protection EAM is way ahead of them. But as an on-demand scanner i feel MBAM is certainly better than EAM.

Thanks for your comment, Alpha. Yes, I was talking about EAM for real time protection. That is what the license I won is for, isn't it? There is no advantage in using EAM as an on-demand scanner only.

Yesterday Softpedia sent me a mail confirming my win in Ad-aware pro giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Yesterday Softpedia sent me a mail confirming my win in Ad-aware pro giveaway.
    Congrats Bala.

When are they gonna announce the winners for the other giveaways?

Thankyou Jeremy .I would request everyone to post their winnings so we can know if the results have been drawn. Are emsisoft results out?.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    When are they gonna announce the winners for the other giveaways?
    They said they would start with security-related giveaways and then continue with the other promotions, until they've covered the entire month.

U have to keep on checking their site for winner list. Thats how you would know.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast