Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate content issue with other Forum

Cool Duplicate content issue with other Forum

I had to start this thread as i Found the same thread at our forums and another forum with same content. Its due to the fact that there are many guys who are members of many forums.

I would just like to say, If a member posts same content or thread in two forums i.e say here at Avinashtech and some other forum, It brings some problem to our forums.

1. The other forum may blame us for copying even though its posted by same member.

2. Google does not like duplicate content for whatever reason and it penalises sites if it finds duplicate content. That is a big problem in terms of staying online.

We already have a fair share of problems with a big forum and I don't want to get into another one.

You havent mentioned which thread has a duplicate in another forum, also check the time at which it was posted

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    You haven't mentioned which thread has a duplicate in another forum, also check the time at which it was posted
    I have not mentioned the thread intentionally. btw, it doesn't relate to any of your threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    I have not mentioned the thread intentionally. btw, it doesn't relate to any of your threads.
    Well,i dont copy threads. And i dont use my realname on anyother forum except Avinashtech :-)

I usually code other forum's links. Like Widers forums which i have posted already,
    I recommend people should mention the source, a simple eg: Via:

And you could check which of the duplicate threads was posted first, the one here or on the other threads.
    If they have the original thread, it could land us in trouble.

The threads I am talking about cannot be called copied threads. Its actually same thread posted at two forums by same person. So I am in just a bit of dilemma on how to deal with it.

Must be talking of me being I post same things on a few websites. I guess maybe no more posting for me in forums about specials or promotions that I run across. Just trying to help my friends out is all. Sorry fellows no harm was ment by it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrm52858 View Post
    Must be talking of me being I post same things on a few websites. I guess maybe no more posting for me in forums about specials or promotions that I run across. Just trying to help my friends out is all. Sorry fellows no harm was ment by it.
    Well, It seems I should make the thread visible here. I was talking about this thread.

To be specific, I found this thread on Raymond Forum too. ( Yup I do visit Raymond forum sometimes)

Freebies, promotions or everything else is OK. Even same article can be at two forums but it should not be a copy paste. I mean even though the concept remains same, the words can be different. I am not sure how good I am at conveying the message.

Quote Originally Posted by mrm52858 View Post
    Mike, just include a disclaimer stating that you have posted it in other forums. After all, you are the author, you have a right to post it anywhere you want, unless the forum admins object to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Mike, just include a disclaimer stating that you have posted it in other forums. After all, you are the author, you have a right to post it anywhere you want, unless the forum admins object to it.
    I visit Raymond's website (without posting there) and have found your posts. They are geniune finds by Mike.

The thread is by GRR not Mike.

May be the solution is : A disclaimer that its posted on other forums too. But I am still not sure about this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast