Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Duplicate content issue with other Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    The thread is by GRR not Mike.

May be the solution is : A disclaimer that its posted on other forums too. But I am still not sure about this.
    Yeah i know that thread is by Grr, but i was just telling Mike not to feel guilty, he has not done anything wrong.

PS: Is quick edit working, i dont find options to edit certain posts. Maybe something is wrong in my browser.

QR is working. Using that only.

Well, If you can be specific. Some threads may be locked. Check that out.

Thumbs down

The thread is by GRR not Mike.

May be the solution is : A disclaimer that its posted on other forums too. But I am still not sure about this.
    So what is required now?

I'm not allowed to post things that I have posted at other forums? If so, this is going to be very stupid..

There should be no issues, until unless the thread/post owner/writer is the same..

What do u expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    So what is required now?

I'm not allowed to post things that I have posted at other forums? If so, this is going to be very stupid..

There should be no issues, until unless the thread/post owner/writer is the same..

What do u expect?
    technically, I have no issues until the other forum blames us for copied content and sometimes its very difficult to prove that two guys are same.

technically, I have no issues until the other forum blames us for copied content and sometimes its very difficult to prove that two guys are same.
    Then let them do the blaming...why to worry beforehand...

it's easy to do a check..email-id...

Hmm. Now let me through my idea regarding this.
    Even though a same author post a content in two different sites, the site where he posted the content first will hold the copyright for that Article. This might sound strange, but thats a key thing in copyright rules.
    If i post a content in a site, then it doesn't means that its copyrighted to me, on contrary its copyrighted to the admin of that site.
    So if you post an article on a particular site, you can't copy the entire article to another site without the permission of the primary site.

It varies with site to site. Maybe you should get it clarified with Raymond, regarding this mrm and Grr.

Quote Originally Posted by kavin View Post
    Hmm. Now let me through my idea regarding this.
    Even though a same author post a content in two different sites, the site where he posted the content first will hold the copyright for that Article. This might sound strange, but thats a key thing in copyright rules.
    If i post a content in a site, then it doesn't means that its copyrighted to me, on contrary its copyrighted to the admin of that site.
    So if you post an article on a particular site, you can't copy the entire article to another site without the permission of the primary site.

It varies with site to site. Maybe you should get it clarified with Raymond, regarding this mrm and Grr.
    I agree with you mate. That's where the problem arise. So may be Iam going to ask everyone not to post a content that is posted on another site.

In Blogs it is easy to handle situations like this. But in forums its impossible. As our forum is still a small one we are able to find that the thread by Grr is same as the one at other forum. Now Grr, rectifies his mistake because we told him about that. But what about members who are about to register. Some of them may do same mistake and everytime starting a thread like this will be a useless task.

It will be better if you add a point to the Disclaimer/Privacy Policy of forum saying that "All the ideas shared on this forum express the authors and not the admin's and we are not responsible for it..."

By the way, where is the Forum Rules link?

[QUOTE=Samuel;1345]In Blogs it is easy to handle situations like this. But in forums its impossible. As our forum is still a small one we are able to find that the thread by Grr is same as the one at other forum. Now Grr, rectifies his mistake because we told him about that. But what about members who are about to register. Some of them may do same mistake and everytime starting a thread like this will be a useless task.

Regarding updation of Disclaimer, I think you have already mentioned about it in Forum rules. So why worry about that?

Why Edit button is not added to the Editor Avinash? Guys like me need it seriously...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast