View Poll Results: Should we allow posts about limited license giveaways at the forum?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 78.57%
  • No

3 21.43%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should we allow posts about limited license giveaways at the forum?

Though i selected "NO" on the poll but i still appreciate the change. Sure it won't improve the quality but i certainly hope it improves the quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Regarding the posting of a link at the chatbox, not many are comfortable to come to the chatbox and talk to other members.
    Private messages can certainly help in this. Don't be shy guys, I am not going to eat you,( although Grr might, he is a lion)
    I agree with you ash. Not many are comfortable posting at chatbox and that's why I suggested to have an exclusive thread to get permissions. That way, it'd be easier for mods to moderate and also members will know where to go to get permission for a giveaway....

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    I agree with you ash. Not many are comfortable posting at chatbox and that's why I suggested to have an exclusive thread to get permissions. That way, it'd be easier for mods to moderate and also members will know where to go to get permission for a giveaway....
    Practically its not possible Sam. The reason--- if someone asks for permission in a thread, the URl is already public and not under MOds queue unless some mod looks at it which sometime may be even a day or more.

why not activate thread moderation for that sub forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Practically its not possible Sam. The reason--- if someone asks for permission in a thread, the URl is already public and not under MOds queue unless some mod looks at it which sometime may be even a day or more.
    Oh! If it's impossible then its ok. What arn said is also good. I think there should be an easy way to communicate with mods... Some ways, we can use forms, threads (moderated as arn said) etc...

Thread moderation is a option we could go for...

if guess it would be easier rather than going through chats

also we should put a complete NO to etc, etc Video converters- - as most have a WOT issue

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    also we should put a complete NO to etc, etc Video converters- - as most have a WOT issue
    Don't think that's the only reason to disallow those. The most important can be "bored and disgusted" .

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    I voted Yes.

Q: how have we benefited from not allowing posting the limited giveaways?

@Arnab- true, but the % of THOSE bloggers won't be more than 10%.

@ALL - if we ALLOW, pls consider the following points:

1. Identify prepare a list of all those forums/blogs/sites/vendors-which are allowed here to post either their own giveaways or someone else posting
    2. Make separate sub-forums for EACH direct site giveaway such as tipradar, facebook, twitter, WinX direct, blog giveaways, special 7/10/30 days events...this would help US better organize+Moderate

In the end we Do Not want to have spammers here, but not every member who had (or will) post a limited giveaway is a spammer.

Yours Sincerely,
    Lion
    --Very nice there! I second that! and I vote "yes" also --but do consider Grr's suggestion(just me!)

My vote is No.

Primarily, it's because the forum currently has a very high quality of giveaway posts.

Secondly, I'm not really against it per se... but there will be difficulties. You only need to take a look at the Freebies sections on Raymond.cc to get an idea of the headaches involved for the moderators.

I will say that opening it up will probably result in much more traffic. It's a question of how you set things up and how motivated the moderators are to undertake the extra work.

Quote Originally Posted by jelson View Post
    how motivated the moderators are to undertake the extra work.
    I can assure that MODs r really pumped high & waiting to click that delete button

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast