View Poll Results: Should we allow posts about limited license giveaways at the forum?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 78.57%
  • No

3 21.43%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should we allow posts about limited license giveaways at the forum?

I want Avinashtech to be my first and last stop for all new information. So, it'd be good if we allow limited license giveaway. Regarding spammers... I know there are enough mods to take care of them

I voted yes, I always thought the limited giveways was something missing on the forum and I agree with Grr, those bloggers can't be that many.

I've been holding out posting in this thread because I wanted to read some comments and take in some of the members thoughts and reasons for their particular vote. I think both the members who voted yes and the ones who voted no have good points and both should be considered.

I guess my thoughts are why not. I definitely think there should be some guidelines in place for those types of posts and a special forum section dedicated to those types of giveaways. As long as it doesn't hurt the members or Avinashtech in any way then we should give it a try, perhaps even on a probationary status to see how it goes first. If things run smoothly and there aren't any issues then we can permanently implement it into the site. On second hand, if it causes problems then re-instate the rules about limited giveaways.

I think it is a good idea to try new things and try to progress as long as it doesn't cause any issues.

Thanks a lot everyone for comments. A new sub-forum is created. Check out the first thread for rules

The sites mentioned in this forum must have a green WOT rating. NO exception. If someone feels that even a red WOT site is good, he should ask for prior aprroval from Mods.
    What about if the site doesn't have a WOT rating or is yellow? (I think there is yellow on WOT)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosme View Post
    What about if the site doesn't have a WOT rating or is yellow? (I think there is yellow on WOT)
    Yup I know, but I wrote Red for a reason. Ask Mods if the WOT rating is yellow too.

Actually I wanted to post this as a reply to Rules thread, but as it is closed I am posting it here.

2nd Rule should be more clearer. Is green WOT rating compulsory for both sites? I mean the giveaway organizing site and the software developer site? Or is it ok if only the software developer site have green rating? (I prefer the latter)

Personally I don't rely on WOT much because I think it could be easily tampered and cheated. Anyway, Thanks to you avi for giving a chance to post giveaways from sites that has low rating or no rating at all, after getting approval from mods. It will be good if we have a separate thread for getting giveaway approvals from mods, instead of sending private messages etc. Because, we can't rule out the fact that there can be few people on this forum who don't know their mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Actually I wanted to post this as a reply to Rules thread, but as it is closed I am posting it here.

2nd Rule should be more clearer. Is green WOT rating compulsory for both sites? I mean the giveaway organizing site and the software developer site? Or is it ok if only the software developer site have green rating? (I prefer the latter)

Personally I don't rely on WOT much because I think it could be easily tampered and cheated. Anyway, Thanks to you avi for giving a chance to post giveaways from sites that has low rating or no rating at all, after getting approval from mods. It will be good if we have a separate thread for getting giveaway approvals from mods, instead of sending private messages etc. Because, we can't rule out the fact that there can be few people on this forum who don't know their mods.
    Thanks Sam for the feedback.

Regarding Approvals... I have asked to just put that in the chatbox and hopefully one of the mods will do the rest.

Regarding WOT... I do believe it can be and is manipulated, but majority of the cases it holds good. So it makes our job easy. For rest of the links we are here.

Also... for the time being its Green rating for both... The reason, it gives some credibilty that everything is legal as we cant check if all giveaways are genuine as we often encounter fake giveaways or pirated keys being given away.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post

Regarding Approvals... I have asked to just put that in the chatbox and hopefully one of the mods will do the rest.

Regarding WOT... I do believe it can be and is manipulated, but majority of the cases it holds good. So it makes our job easy. For rest of the links we are here.

Also... for the time being its Green rating for both... The reason, it gives some credibilty that everything is legal as we cant check if all giveaways are genuine as we often encounter fake giveaways or pirated keys being given away.
    Fake giveaways? I didn't know that it's possible....

Quote Originally Posted by Cosme View Post
    New websites do not have a WOT Rating, same goes if the website doesn't have much traffic.

Yellow doesn't exactly mean bad website. For eg: Iobit.com has yellow rating, but it is a safe website.

Yup I know, but I wrote Red for a reason. Ask Mods if the WOT rating is yellow too.
    or the Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post

Like I said above, Yellow WOT rating doesn't mean that a website is dangerous. Use your judgement guys.

I agree when you say WOT can be cheated (misused), some genuine sites have bad ratings. I have seen forums where the admin/mods go after some particular websites and give them a bunch of bad comments and an undeserved red rating.

Regarding the posting of a link at the chatbox, not many are comfortable to come to the chatbox and talk to other members.
    Private messages can certainly help in this. Don't be shy guys, I am not going to eat you,( although Grr might, he is a lion)

More work for the mods

@Avinash Btw, thanks for approving limited license giveaways.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast