Thread: Duplicate Giveaway issue with other Forum

Question Duplicate Giveaway issue with other Forum

Avi,

in response to ur post/announcement , i'm forced to make this one.

How would you justify members posting Freebies/Promotions/Giveaways; as they could be picked & posted from other forums/blog.

Is there a way member posting it could confirm the source to be only him/her?

Awaiting ur response on this..

Regards,
    Grr

Well, I will talk about how its different.

Posting Freebies, Promotions, giveaways is different in the sense that spreading a good news basically and it does not infringe any copyrights as its a news not a original content created by someone.

Whereas any articles like tutorials written by someone in a forum and then even posted by by same person infringes the copyright of author plus the forum. Even though technically , it looks like no problem if the poster is same guy, but if either of the forum "terms of use" or "rules" say that no content shall be copied without permission, it means problem for the other forum legally.

As forums are run on the web, it does involve legal issues and as a admin, \i am just trying to avoid issues like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Avi,

in response to ur post/announcement , i'm forced to make this one.

How would you justify members posting Freebies/Promotions/Giveaways; as they could be picked & posted from other forums/blog.

Is there a way member posting it could confirm the source to be only him/her?

Awaiting ur response on this..

Regards,
    Grr
    I dont think there is a need to heat things up here. Chill guys,

Grrr, i know you are aware of Avi's trouble with a 'big forum',and i know you dont mean harm by posting articles that you have posted there, but if they see your post here they might start another hate thread about him like they have already.

Or if you try to post articles from Avinashtech in the 'big forum', they might hate you too.
    We dont want that to happen.

That is why Avi has requested not to post stuff that has already been posted on other forums.
    You should see this from his point of view. Im sure you will understand buddy.

Nobody here is stopping anyone to post articles on other forums, it is everyone's individual right to be a part of any community he chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    I dont think there is a need to heat things up here. Chill guys,

Grrr, i know you are aware of Avi's trouble with a 'big forum',and i know you dont mean harm by posting articles that you have posted there, but if they see your post here they might start another hate thread about him like they have already.

Or if you try to post articles from Avinashtech in the 'big forum', they might hate you too.
    We dont want that to happen.

That is why Avi has requested not to post stuff that has already been posted on other forums.
    You should see this from his point of view. Im sure you will understand buddy.

Nobody here is stopping anyone to post articles on other forums, it is everyone's individual right to be a part of any community he chooses.
    I understand that very well.

Until there is any further clarification from Avi, i'm stopping any such thread/articles, etc...to be at the safer side..

I still don't know know how posting of freebies from other forums can be considered as wrong as long as the freebies is conducted by the other forums itself.We have seen GOTD and wilderssecurity giveaways posted here and other forum also.I seriously think posting freebie from other source is not wrong at all,it actually helps others who aren't aware and maybe need of it.

I agree with being able to post on many diffrent forms because me myself I like to help others with news, promotions and sometimes my own giveaways of extra keys I aquire. Let me give everyone a good example of this.
    I found Panda Internet Security 2010 giveaway at a website I go to daily.
    I posted it on Raymonds Forum

Panda Security 2010 Free 10/22/09

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Register here on 10/22/09

2) Download Internet Security 2010 from our Web site

3) Receive an activation code for one free year and use it

4) Run Internet Security and instantly begin protecting your PC from all the cyber junk that will make fixing your computer the opposite of free!

I sent Avinash the info and he posted the same thing as me on his Blog.

HOW TO GET PANDA INTERNET SECURITY FOR FREE
    Follow these easy steps to Download Panda Internet Security 2010:

1) Register here on 10/22/09.

2) Download Internet Security 2010 from Panda website.

3) Receive an activation code for one free year and use it

4) Run Internet Security and instantly begin protecting your PC from all the cyber junk that will make fixing your computer the opposite of free!

The point is whats wrong with the above 2 posts. I say nothing because It was my post at Raymonds and I sent it also to Avinash to post on his blog being I was not a member of the forum back then.

PS. By the way Avinash you spelled my last name wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    I still don't know know how posting of freebies from other forums can be considered as wrong as long as the freebies is conducted by the other forums itself.We have seen GOTD and wilderssecurity giveaways posted here and other forum also.I seriously think posting freebie from other source is not wrong at all,it actually helps others who aren't aware and maybe need of it.
    same with other posts also....as posting on a blog/site doesn't gives the blog/site admin to call it his/her article, etc..as long as it is not being posted by the admin...