Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ProtectStar Data Shredder 3 Pro Review and 50 licenses Giveaway - Discussion

thanks, i received the key and it's my opinion.
    it's performance is good enough,
    but interface isn't much efficient.first of all it doesn't support drag and drop, secondly let's consider you have lot's of files and you open each one to see if you need it or not and decide to erase it; choosing shred with data shredder will open a new window for each file while i expect to add them to a list in single window, checking file permission is an annoying step for most people ,it can't be disabled and dosn't have an auto feature, user must always do this step manually by clicking next button. and the last down side of interface is
    it's size, it covers most of my screen which is 1024*768px and really walks on your nerves if are dealling with lots of files.when i choose to shred a file from file context menu, i don't need to see all features of the program (like shred partition), they could at least hide them inside a menu. and finally adding an option to sleep (alongside of shutdown) after finishing job would be useful.

Congrats to all the winners and thanks Jeremy once again for organizing this giveaway

thank you
    key recd

Quote Originally Posted by mohsen View Post
    thanks, i received the key and it's my opinion.
    let's consider you have lot's of files and you open each one to see if you need it or not and decide to erase it; choosing shred with data shredder will open a new window for each file while i expect to add them to a list in single window, the last down side of interface is
    it's size, it covers most of my screen which is 1024*768px and really walks on your nerves if are dealling with lots of files.when i choose to shred a file from file context menu, i don't need to see all features of the program (like shred partition), they could at least hide them inside a menu.
    If you want to delete multiple files with only one window, simply hold down your control key on the keyboard and select all the files you would like to shred, then use the context menu to open Data Shredder 3 Pro and Data Shredder 3 Pro will only open one window with all of the files you've selected inside.

You bring up some good points that you may want to contact Protect Star about. Ask them about the ability to re-size the window and about hiding all of the features with perhaps a button to open or close them. As far as file permissions, I have never encountered that problem with the program. But as a registered user you can receive support and maybe you can ask them those questions and they may make an update with those features added. I know they just released a newer version so you may want to download it and check it out since you are eligible for it. They state that
    there are more than 100 improvements in comparison to previous version, however I was unable to find specific details of what those improvements are.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 05-11-11 at 08:04 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345