Thread: File Seeker 3.5.2

File Seeker 3.5.2

A program that searches for files inside your computer with excellent search speed.

File Seeker is a useful file utility that searches (with an ultra fast search algorithm) for files inside your computer with excellent search speed. It finds hidden and system files as well.

Additionally File Seeker searches within all known types of Compressed Files (rar,zip,cab...). You can also search for words or phrases inside files of your choice for reducing searching time and for better results. Includes special Filters that make the search more better and accurate.

Here are some key features of "File Seeker":

· File searching with excellent speed rate using an extremely fast algorithm
    · Enhanced "search within documents" ability
    · Capability of searching within 23 types of compressed files (included all known rar, zip, cab, jar?)
    · Special Filters for making the search faster and more accurate
    · Intuitive user interface.

Link :

This is a realy good software, going to try it out now.
    Have tons of docs on my PC :-)

Basically its a open source application. I havent tested it and hence wait for feedback from Ashwin. here's another direct link

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Basically its a open source application. I havent tested it and hence wait for feedback from Ashwin. here's another direct link

It actually works :-)

I created a new text document with the content "I am a member at avinashtech forum" and saved it in E: of my 320 gb HDD

Searched for 'member in search within files, got 295 hits,(told you i had tons of docs) and the new text doc was found in the result :-)

Note:Initially, there is only one extension .txt under search within files, but there is an option to add more extentions, pretty cool.
    Added pdf to extensions and searched for an ebook containing the word 'world', found that too

Looks interesting as per feedback by Ashwin. May be I need to test it soon. Perhaps may even get to the blog as a post.