Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Xp turns ten years old tomorrow!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Windows Xp turns ten years old tomorrow!!!!

For all those die-hard xp fans and users here is a good as well as bad news XP turns 10 tommorrow.

From softpedia
    " With its best days behind it, Windows XP will turn 10 in less than a day, tomorrow, October 25, 2011.

XP not only managed to survive against all odds for the past decade, but dominated the operating system market like no other platform.

Released on October 25, 2001, Windows XP was developed under the codename Whistler, and was actually released to manufacturing on August 24, 2001.

Counting from the RTM deadline, XP has already been 10 years old for a few months now, since it was at the end of August 2011 that the code went gold.

Still, October 25 is considered the official birthday of the OS, and Microsoft is bound to celebrate it along with the impending retirement of this platform.
    "

More at .

Actually XP is 10 yrs old already as it is 12.22 am 25 Oct in India (current time while posting this thread)

Still running XP in VMware.....

Pls note guys that although winxp turns 10yrs today it does not mean microsoft has pulled the plug on it. Windows xp SP3 is in extended support phase and You will get all updates till April 2014 when microsoft will officially pull the plug on it. Till then enjoy old xp.

I have XP on one of my computers. 2nd best OS after Win 7

It was great and now its time to move on..... after using win 7 i never feel to go back to win xp but it has surely changed the computing world. XP

Yes agreed arn. Even though we praise win7 so much. Although its far better than xp i dont think that win7 will have such a long life like xp had. It was the greatest operating system ever from m/s side. It revolutionized computing and made it easy for the lay man. IT was a big improvement in visuals too. I started my comp life by first using win98 in my dads office, then win2000 in my school. When my dad bought a computer when i was 10yrs old it had winxp, and it was a breath of fresh air , the blue was refreshing. I started loathing the booring grey interface of winNT. LOL

I love Xp.It is the best OS.
    Happy 10th birthday Windows Xp.

Happy Birthday Win XP. Like Ash, my 2nd fav OS to Win 7.

I love XP so much I'm still using it on my desktop. Although 7 is better,the reliable familiarity of XP makes it feel like a good friend.

XP is still my favourite and never think of updating to Windows 7 for the time being.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast