Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on NovaPDF Pro from Winners and everyone else

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Used my HP Laserjet printer to print the files.
    I dont have Microsoft Office or Open Office on my PCs.
    But i do have full commercial versions of Ashampoo Office 2008 and Softmaker Office 2008.
    So , here is my review.

Pros
    1. Instantly creates PDFs from Notepad and Wordpad.
    2. Creates PDFs from Ashampoo Textmaker.
    3. Embedding of watermarks is very simple and easy.
    4. Different page layoutslike single, Facing, Continuous and 6. Continuous-facing are available.
    5. Prints watermarked PDFs in a jiffy.
    6. A 2.2 mb Textmaker file created a 810 kb PDF file.
    7. Easy to save your PDFs wherever you want by default.
    8. Encryption of files is possible. You can make the PDFs Read-only with permissions for printing, modifying, etc.
    9. Predefining of page size is possible.
    10. Temporary profiles can be set different printing jobs.
    11. Automatically detects url links and converts them into PDF links.

Cons
    1. Quality of images from Textmaker, HTMLs gets degraded by 10-15%.
    2. Conversion of HTMLs into PDFs using Firefox 3.5 is not satisfactory. Some images are out of place and some are cut. The same problem with Flock and Opera 10. Also the background color does not show up.

Note:Will test it out further and provide feedback in case i find anything else worth mentioning.
    Last edited by Ashwin; 25-03-10 at 11:24 PM.

Thank you ashwin for testing novapdf too

1. Quality of images from Textmaker, HTMLs gets degraded by 10-15%.
    Have you modified the settings in Graphics (under Printing Preferences) to see how the quality of images modifies? Also on the Page tab there's a dpi to use for images, you should increase that too to see the fidelity of reproduced images.

2. Conversion of HTMLs into PDFs using Firefox 3.5 is not satisfactory. Some images are out of place and some are cut. The same problem with Flock and Opera 10. Also the background color does not show up.
    Have you tried printing one of those html pages from Firefox to the regular printer too and compare how it looks with the PDF? Because we print just like a regular printer, but the result of the PDF depends on how the html page is coded and most likely the same issues will be present in regular printing too. It's based on the way the browser renders that page for printing. Also, background color/images are not printed by default in browsers, you have to check an additional option to print Background images (for instance in Firefox you have to go to File-Page Setup and check the option to print Background color and images, other browsers have a similar option too).

Again thank you for the feedback and keep it coming .

wow that's some great feedback from u Grr and ashwin.Also awesome to see Novasoft's developers quick reponse,I couldn't test it throughly because I am busy these days...
    Hope everything turns fine.

Thank you everyone who provided feedback. Rest of the winners are added in blacklist for future giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Thank you everyone who provided feedback. Rest of the winners are added in blacklist for future giveaways.

Thanks Avi...I would be responding to Novapdf's response on Monday..

Hello Novapdf-

To my surprise, the add-on for word came on it's own. I didn't installed the setup provide by you.

Another thing. Now that I have uninstalled the Novapdf (as it was conflicting for some reason) - the add-on's in excel & word are still existing as earlier. I'm not able to understand how to remove these add-on's?

Appreciate if you reply helping me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Hello Novapdf-

To my surprise, the add-on for word came on it's own. I didn't installed the setup provide by you.

Another thing. Now that I have uninstalled the Novapdf (as it was conflicting for some reason) - the add-on's in excel & word are still existing as earlier. I'm not able to understand how to remove these add-on's?

Appreciate if you reply helping me out.

Hi Avi, could you please help getting any information on the above problem from Novapdf?

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Hi Avi, could you please help getting any information on the above problem from Novapdf?
    Just send a support mail to them, they will answer it. You have a valid license and hence most prob you will get ans in 24 hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Just send a support mail to them, they will answer it. You have a valid license and hence most prob you will get ans in 24 hrs
    Thanks Avi, would be doing that..

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vhick View Post
    I will try to help sir.

I think the add-on of NovaPDF is NovaPDFOfficeAddIn.dll found in C:\Program Files\Softland\novaPDF Profesional Desktop 7\

And the registry involve is in:
    HKLM\Software\Classes\NovaPDFOfficeAddIn.NovaPDFOf ficeAddIn.1
    HKLM\Software\Classes\NovaPDFOfficeAddIn.NovaPDFOf ficeAddIn
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\NovaPD FOfficeAddIn.NovaPDFOfficeAddIn
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\NovaPDF OfficeAddIn.NovaPDFOfficeAddIn

Try to delete the file and registry to see the result. This is for Windows XP. Please translate it in other OS to where of its location.

If it is topic hijacking, please move this post.

Thank you...

vhick...many thanks for the help..

I didn;t had any Program Files entries. But there were registry entries which I deleted. Now lets c what happens..

I installed NovaPDF and activated smoothly. I started to convert my reports and some to-do list to PDF file and uploaded to our website to easy share with my co-workers when on my home and setting up password for authorized accessed on file. I also print some interesting website and blogs for later readings using it printer driver. What I most like is to setting up my signature in every file to distinguish that I make the file and a system certificate to the PDF.

Thank you...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast