Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on NovaPDF Pro from Winners and everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by software112 View Post
    Thank you ashwin for testing novapdf too

1. Quality of images from Textmaker, HTMLs gets degraded by 10-15%.
    Have you modified the settings in Graphics (under Printing Preferences) to see how the quality of images modifies? Also on the Page tab there's a dpi to use for images, you should increase that too to see the fidelity of reproduced images.

2. Conversion of HTMLs into PDFs using Firefox 3.5 is not satisfactory. Some images are out of place and some are cut. The same problem with Flock and Opera 10. Also the background color does not show up.
    Have you tried printing one of those html pages from Firefox to the regular printer too and compare how it looks with the PDF? Because we print just like a regular printer, but the result of the PDF depends on how the html page is coded and most likely the same issues will be present in regular printing too. It's based on the way the browser renders that page for printing. Also, background color/images are not printed by default in browsers, you have to check an additional option to print Background images (for instance in Firefox you have to go to File-Page Setup and check the option to print Background color and images, other browsers have a similar option too).

Again thank you for the feedback and keep it coming .
    1. Hmm, yeah i modified the Graphics settings, but i didnt check the dots per inch option.
    2. And i will check the regular printer's copy of the same HTML and Nova Pro's print out. And the background too

I will post my feedback tomorrow and thanks for replying :-)

wow that's some great feedback from u Grr and ashwin.Also awesome to see Novasoft's developers quick reponse,I couldn't test it throughly because I am busy these days...
    Hope everything turns fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    I did select the add-on while installation. It is available in Excel, but not Word. I'm running XP with SP-2
    That's strange, we also did some tests on similar virtual machines here, maybe something blocked the installation. Anyway have you tried installing the addon from the url I provided (it's the addon only)?

Could it not be hard coded to open the hyperlink in default browser? Please consider this suggestion.
    Sorry that's not possible. But there is a problem with file associations in your case, meaning your browser is not default in all cases. There should be a fix on the internet somewhere for this (maybe removing it as the default and re-adding it, try searching for the name of the pdf reader and default browser there must be others for which happened the same).

Steps:
    1. I added watermark[image] using Nova to an existing pdf (760pages)
    2. I again tried adding another watermark [image] to the pdf in 1.
    3. It went on spooling/printing for a long time.
    4. after some 15 minutes, it ate-up 700Mb on my disk...and I could see it still spooling/printing.
    5. Finally it crashed, as there was no HDD space available.
    6. the new pdf file showed as 0Kb.
    I tried this here with an 860 page document, the first pdf had about 50mb in size, doing watermark again to it resulted in 60mb, and i did this 3 more times but still it didn't hang so i'm not sure how to help here.

I still use 2003 office. I have many documents with blinking background. Using Novapdf to convert them to pdf, in some documents blinking background were converted like normal letters, but in other cases the converted pdf just showed as blank where there was a blinking background letter(s).
    Can you send to support@novapdf an email with the word document that has at least one word that doesn't convert well when blinking? I tested it here with some backgrounds and it worked, maybe it's a particular background that has problems

Yes a bit of difference in quality and lot in file size. See below:
    The quality seems pretty much the same while the size is greatly reduced. That's good .

Agree, but an application itself while printing should take care of all this, rather than user going through all this activity. And I was using the default settings in PDFCreator.
    On this issue, did you by any chance also embeded fonts when creating the PDF? Because that increases the size too, and i'm not sure if pdfcreator does it by default. Btw it's not only pdfcreator, it's basically any pdf printer that's based on ghostscript - novapdf is one of the very few pdf creators that uses its own conversion engine, that's why no additional download is required (like ghostscript, .net) and has much more advantages, the downsize being that we had to do everything from scratch where others just used what ghostscript was already offering.

Thank you everyone who provided feedback. Rest of the winners are added in blacklist for future giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Thank you everyone who provided feedback. Rest of the winners are added in blacklist for future giveaways.

Thanks Avi...I would be responding to Novapdf's response on Monday..

Hello Novapdf-

To my surprise, the add-on for word came on it's own. I didn't installed the setup provide by you.

Another thing. Now that I have uninstalled the Novapdf (as it was conflicting for some reason) - the add-on's in excel & word are still existing as earlier. I'm not able to understand how to remove these add-on's?

Appreciate if you reply helping me out.

I installed NovaPDF and activated smoothly. I started to convert my reports and some to-do list to PDF file and uploaded to our website to easy share with my co-workers when on my home and setting up password for authorized accessed on file. I also print some interesting website and blogs for later readings using it printer driver. What I most like is to setting up my signature in every file to distinguish that I make the file and a system certificate to the PDF.

Thank you...

Hello Novapdf-

To my surprise, the add-on for word came on it's own. I didn't installed the setup provide by you.

Another thing. Now that I have uninstalled the Novapdf (as it was conflicting for some reason) - the add-on's in excel & word are still existing as earlier. I'm not able to understand how to remove these add-on's?

Appreciate if you reply helping me out.

Hi Avi, could you please help getting any information on the above problem from Novapdf?

Hi Avi, could you please help getting any information on the above problem from Novapdf?
    Just send a support mail to them, they will answer it. You have a valid license and hence most prob you will get ans in 24 hrs

I will try to help sir.

I think the add-on of NovaPDF is NovaPDFOfficeAddIn.dll found in C:\Program Files\Softland\novaPDF Profesional Desktop 7\

And the registry involve is in:
    HKLM\Software\Classes\NovaPDFOfficeAddIn.NovaPDFOf ficeAddIn.1
    HKLM\Software\Classes\NovaPDFOfficeAddIn.NovaPDFOf ficeAddIn
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Excel\Addins\NovaPD FOfficeAddIn.NovaPDFOfficeAddIn
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\NovaPDF OfficeAddIn.NovaPDFOfficeAddIn

Try to delete the file and registry to see the result. This is for Windows XP. Please translate it in other OS to where of its location.

If it is topic hijacking, please move this post.

Thank you...
    Last edited by vhick; 28-04-10 at 12:24 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast