Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avast releases password manager!!

Ok ash. Thnx ash bro. . Does the avast password manager page still break. It seems to break for me. Any way have never used a password manager.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Can anyone tell me the advantage of using a password manager?

Quote Originally Posted by jelson View Post
    Got the strange page too

I've been quite happy with KeePass, but did recently score a license for Sticky Password Pro 5 via Softpedia

Anyone tried Sticky Password?
    I have tried Sticky Password. Quite good, very similar to Keepass but has better browser integration.

Also comes with a portable version, so you could try that before deciding to install.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Ok ash. Thnx ash bro. . Does the avast password manager page still break. It seems to break for me. Any way have never used a password manager.

Can anyone tell me the advantage of using a password manager?
    Advantages:

1. You don't have to remember all your passwords.

2. Generate secure and strong passwords.

3. Autofill saves time + easy to manage multiple accounts.

Try Keepass for a week or so and you will stick with it. It stores all your account info on your Hard Drive in an encrypted database.

Ash bro is keepas free??. And i have a key of stick password is it better which one to choose.

Thnx ash.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Oops did not check ur abv reply. I will go with Stick.

$ 9.99 (instead $ 19.99) for 1 year license...
    Not good for me...

Quote Originally Posted by KenFalco View Post
    $ 9.99 (instead $ 19.99) for 1 year license...
    Not good for me...
    That's why I said "Why bother with Avast PW manager?"

Way too expensive.

Ash i think they will release a whole integrated total security suite of some sort. This is just the way kaspersky launched kaspersky password manager and hen pure came out. FYI, guys kasperskky has started releasing ads with Sachin in it. It come in channels like Starworld, Zeecafe.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Ash i think they will release a whole integrated total security suite of some sort. This is just the way kaspersky launched kaspersky password manager and hen pure came out. FYI, guys kasperskky has started releasing ads with Sachin in it. It come in channels like Starworld, Zeecafe.
    Considering that the majority of Avast userbase prefer the free version, it will not have much impact.
    Whereas, Kaspersky has always been a pay-for-use software, I suppose people who would like to have their password manager wouldn't mind paying some more.

Yes, I read about Sachin-Kaspersky tie-up a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    I have tried Sticky Password. Quite good, very similar to Keepass but has better browser integration.

Also comes with a portable version, so you could try that before deciding to install.
    Thanks Ashwin, will definitely be trying the portable version. I haven't even bothered with integrating Keepass with my browser. Plan on keeping KeePass for overall use, will see how Sticky Password performs on my primary machine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12