Thread: Help needed to secure WiFi.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You don't need to start a new topic as others will answer here. I have a friend that recently had a posting about this topic which you might want to check out here ---->

wifi security

Hi Mike, I read your reply too fast and thought you said to start new thread...if you think it is repetitious please delete it...thanks for giving your friends link.

Quote Originally Posted by bayviewbabe View Post
    Hi Mike, I read your reply too fast and thought you said to start new thread...if you think it is repetitious please delete it...thanks for giving your friends link.
    As Mike mentioned I left the thread as such, but closed it

Just about finished.

Hello Everyone. I am just about finished implementing all of your suggestions.
    The only problem so far has been the VPN.
    For your own information, I emailed several of the companies that were on your list and that were suggested. Most did not respond regarding basic questions...so I crossed them off the list...
    The only ones to respond with good info was Proxpn and another company Raptor. I could not find what type or security Raptor used so I didnt install. [Raptor gives unlimited bandwidth while Proxpn gives 100 with option to buy more]
    Installed Proxpin...very easy...does slow down browser but I expected that.
    Proxpin has only one access point [Florida, USA] with free service so might not be good for everyone.
    I want to thank Everyone for your great suggestions.

Please do not close thread because I will have a question on Win XP...public or private.
    Thanks again...