Hello Everyone, Just moved into an apartment that has free Wifi. I have never used Wifi...know nothing about it except that it is unsecured and not private. The router is on a different floor and I do not have access to it. There is a Starbucks in the building and they use the same Wifi. If someone could help and answer a few questions: Can someone from their computer see what I am doing on my computer? Can someone get into my computer and get information from files, email, and passwords, etc? The password to get on line is the same for everyone in the building including Starbucks...there is no way for me to have a different one. ...so it is common to everyone. [one thing good about it is that it is free.] To add to the problem...the building is made up of condos used as apartments...and some being rented by the night, so that my neighbors change very frequently. I am worried that someone next door can access my computer...and can get my passwords for my banking accounts, PayPal,etc. I don't have the knowledge to know if this is possible. But since all connections are common...it scares me. I have called my isp and they can not even install a private cable to my apartment. Thought about getting something like a Verizon card but it is so expensive. Are there any programs that prevent privacy problems. I saw your link to the top free VPN's. Would a VPN be the way to go? Which is the best free one to use for my needs? Would a pay one be better for me and worth the extra $$? Thanks in advance for your help.