Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus

Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus

Avira 10 has been released today and it looks promising as always. The only change I observed is...new buttons and new interface and technically speaking there are many new features added to Avira.

Cloud-based virus detection adds a fourth dimension to the heuristic, generic and pattern-based protection methods in Avira AntiVir Version 10, released today. Avira Community users are able to voluntarily help increase detection rates by submitting suspect files for examination. Version 10, available immediately, also introduces generic repair for damage that may be caused by new variants of viruses and malware.

Key innovations in Avira AntiVir Version 10:

* Behavior-based protection with AntiVir ProActiv
    * Enhanced security, thanks to shared intelligence on emerging viruses from the 100 million-plus strong Avira Community
    * Generic repair of registry data and infected files
    * Express installation, transparent user interface, slide-up virus information with one-click removal feature
    * Parental Control feature in the Avira AntiVir Suite, including control over Internet surfing hours

New ProActiv technology is also introduced in the Premium and Professional editions of Version 10 of Avira AntiVir. This adds an extra layer of protection by introducing analysis of programs’ behavior patterns to help detect malware in addition to heuristic and scanning methods. Threats can be eliminated immediately by blocking suspicious programs.
    Download :
    Code:
    http://download.cnet.com/Avira-AntiVir-Personal-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10322935.html

Avira has fallen from 5 stars to 4.5 stars at Cnet ratings.
    Review suggests it is not good as its predecessor

Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus 10.0.0.592

Version 10.0.0.592 is a bug fixing release.

Ashwin: I reckon Avira Antivir Premium is better. Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by ellene View Post
    Ashwin: I reckon Avira Antivir Premium is better. Do you agree?
    It is. Except for the web-guard component, which considerably slows internet speed

Avira premium is the best except each free license offer valids for 3 months only.

Sorry this is for the freebie version.
    Last edited by clyde; 01-01-11 at 07:18 PM.

Clydeman, what is this link supposed to mean? It just brings me an empty shopping cart.
    Last edited by Ashwin; 16-03-11 at 11:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast