Thread: Browser update questions

Question Browser update questions

ok guys, this Lovely Lion has a question.

I have Chrome version 12 & Mozilla version 3.15 installed

Now if I update them respectively to Chrome version 15 and Mozilla version 8, would:

1. all cookies, cache, bookmarks be lost or available in the upgraded version
    2. is there anything I need to take care of while updating
    3. Is it ok to update to latest version, are there any issues with them? or go for latest - 1 version

PS: i'm using offline installers to update

Grr

Well, there are no issues with the upgrade with both chrome and FF as far as i know. Everything will be carried on with the upgrade.

Just to be safe, you can backup your Browser Profile,cookies,bookmarks etc with (supports Firefox, Chrome, and many others)

or (for Firefox).

I use Mozbackup, and for Firefox and Chrome. (you need to register for a free account)

You can update your browsers to the latest version without any issues. If you install it over the previous version all your cookies, cache files and bookmarks will be surely available. If you are still unsure then you can follow ash's method.

seems that I would go with Ash's way ==> delay...lol

How much more will you delay?? Are you waiting for any special time or star position??

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    How much more will you delay?? Are you waiting for any special time or star position??

no,

had 4 day off (1 day gone)

busy 2moro..

left = 2 days

and as I have to update quite a few things, I MUST take a complete backup, which takes 6 hours or so...this all is causing me delay

I just updated Mozilla.

everything went fine.

On the Chrome I noticed that I'm using portable version and favbackup isn't working fine. Even though I browsed it to the data/profile folder of Chrome, it threw an error.

Now the question is how do I make sure that the installed version of Chrome is able to get everything from the portable one?

Thanks, Grr

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    I just updated Mozilla.

everything went fine.

On the Chrome I noticed that I'm using portable version and favbackup isn't working fine. Even though I browsed it to the data/profile folder of Chrome, it threw an error.

Now the question is how do I make sure that the installed version of Chrome is able to get everything from the portable one?

Thanks, Grr
    I'll try it and let you know.