Thread: Best free Password manager

Best free Password manager

Roboform AI free version review:

RoboForm is an excellent password manager and web form filler which i use to secure my passwords.
    It is a must have alongside Keyscrambler personal if you want to prevent loggers.

Installation:
    During installation it automatically detects your browsers and prompts you to select which browsers you want to use it with.
    A simple toolbar gets installed in your browser, and this is the core of Roboform.
    It also warns you not to change the installation directory destination, unless you are an advanced user.

Usage:
    You need to enter a master password for Roboform.
    This is done to prevent other users from using your passcards, useful if you are sharing a computer with others
    Just enter your username and password in any website you want to login and Roboform pops up offering to save the login details as a passcard.
    It also gives the passcard a name, usually the webite's name, but you can rename it as per your wish.
    It can also save passcards for multiple accounts you have on any website.
    Just create a passcard for each account, save it and the next time you visit the webpage, click on the passcard name to login.

I have multiple hotmail and gmail accounts for official, personal usage so i really like Roboform, hope you will too.

Features explained:
    Code:
    http://www.roboform.com/features.html
    Compatible browsers:
    Code:
    http://www.roboform.com/browsers.html
    Download it here:
    Code:
    http://www.roboform.com/download.html
    Note: Roboform will be displayed on the taskbar, (like Keyscrambler) but you can remove the taskbar icon by disabling it under the settings tab.

I left roboform long time back due to reasons bad enough. I would check that out again and see if I can use it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    I left roboform long time back due to reasons bad enough. I would check that out again and see if I can use it again.
    The latest version is the last of the 6 series, 6.9.99.
    A beta version of 7 is also available.

What made you give up on Roboform, could you tell which version you did not like?

I myself have never tried Roboform but do use a password manager. LastPass is what I have used for a few years now.

Bottom Line
    LastPass is a free, feature-rich password manager and Web form filler. It has almost every software feature found in any competitor, plus some unique features of its own. Numerous mobility options mean you can use it wherever you are.

Pros

Automatically captures and replays log-in credentials. Fills Web forms. Data is stored online, decrypted locally. Can be accessed from any browser; supports many browsers. Imports from the competition. Has numerous mobility options.

Cons

Online storage may worry some users. Doesn't rate strength of previously saved passwords. Stores only one credit card per profile.

Features explained :

Download Here :

Quote Originally Posted by mrm52858 View Post

I myself have never tried Roboform but do use a password manager. LastPass is what I have used for a few years now.

Bottom Line
    LastPass is a free, feature-rich password manager and Web form filler. It has almost every software feature found in any competitor, plus some unique features of its own. Numerous mobility options mean you can use it wherever you are.

Pros

Automatically captures and replays log-in credentials. Fills Web forms. Data is stored online, decrypted locally. Can be accessed from any browser; supports many browsers. Imports from the competition. Has numerous mobility options.

Cons

Online storage may worry some users. Doesn't rate strength of previously saved passwords. Stores only one credit card per profile.

Features explained :

Download Here :

Interesting software Mike, maybe i will try it on my other PC.

keypass is also like lastpass too

Quote Originally Posted by vivek View Post
    keypass is also like lastpass too
    Vivek, Keepass is awesome. Combined with Keefox addon :-)

But it is not like lastpass which has an online database, Keepass stores the database on your PC.

As a matter of fact its bye bye Roboform for me, only 10 passcards in the free version and i have hundreds of accounts to remember
    Last edited by Ashwin; 19-04-10 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Vivek, Keepass is awesome. Combined with Keefox addon :-)

As a matter of fact its bye bye Roboform for me, only 10 passcards in the free version and i have hundreds of accounts to remember
    This was the reason for me to say bye bye to Roboform and the constant nagging to upgrade to pro Version.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    This was the reason for me to say bye bye to Roboform and the constant nagging to upgrade to pro Version.

Ok i get it now

thanks for good freeware!