Thread: BitDefender releases PC Lifetime editions of Antivirus and Internet Security

BitDefender releases PC Lifetime editions of Antivirus and Internet Security

Just now came across BitDefender's facebook post, which says that BitDefender has released PC lifetime editions of their Antivirus and Internet Security products .

More info here :

Price :

Antivirus Pro - $59.95
    Internet Security - $79.95

After browsing through that page, at last I found this in small letters :

*Lifetime protection key is valid for the computer you first install it on,
    for the lifetime of the machine, not exceeding 5 years

**Save up to 70% per year. Calculation for 5 years of PC lifetime.
    So, it is actually a 5 year license key. Sad to see Lifetime has a different meaning now

Thanks for the info Sam,

but in what universe is Lifetime = 5 years?

May be they are very sure that our PCs won't last longer than 5 years... As it says

Lifetime protection key is valid for the computer you first install it on, for the lifetime of the machine, not exceeding 5 years

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

My PC is more than 6 years old BTW, they say "lifetime of the machine, not exceeding 5 years" ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    May be they are very sure that our PCs won't last longer than 5 years... As it says

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

My PC is more than 6 years old BTW, they say "lifetime of the machine, not exceeding 5 years" ROFL

lol....true...they expect ppl to throw away their systems after 5 years...

Bitdefender has very good detection rate but its just too hungry for resources.So I can't really recommend it and also if you use their suite editions, you can't use other Antimalware like Malwarebytes AM PRO or Antispyware like SAS Pro with it.I feel this new Webroot Secure Anywhere suite editions seems like a promising aspect.

ITs better to get 1yr licenses. By chance if you get bored or get some other good product you can switch to it. Life time binds you to a provider.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    ITs better to get 1yr licenses. By chance if you get bored or get some other good product you can switch to it. Life time binds you to a provider.
    I partially agree with you. If the AV is buggy or slow, we could shift over to something else temporarily until they fix it.

Similarly a Lifetime license doesn't bind you to an Antivirus, if it was really a lifetime license like Malwarebytes or SAS, we can always reuse it for a future version.