When I read the posts I read the content and not the number of posts, etc. Especially if there are several new posts.
So, I must have overlooked the fact that you didn't have 75 posts when posting about the Tune-up giveaway and yes it is a mistake on my part.

I have closed threads which failed to abide by the rules, just search the forum, you'll find several threads like that.
It is for these reasons, to avoid such threads, that we have some rules about limited giveaways and expect the members to respect that.

What Sam said is also right, people post about a giveaway and never come back.
There are many giveaways at other websites which require the participant to share the post at a forum/blog. The forum's rules help us keep them in check.

Personally I wouldn't have gone for 75 posts as a requirement to post about giveaways, I wanted it to be"Member should have xx posts + has been a member for 3 months (x denotes any number that the other mods/admin would have chosen). But then I felt it was too strict and hence I agreed to what Avinash said.

Anyway, coming to this thread, neither I nor the other mods have closed/deleted it, which I think explains our goodwill.