Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitdefender Cements Spot as World AV Industry Leader in 2011

Thumbs up Bitdefender Cements Spot as World AV Industry Leader in 2011

Bitdefender Cements Spot as World AV Industry Leader in 2011
    Bitdefender Wins Fourth Straight Round of AV-TEST Trials

Bitdefender®, the award-winning provider of innovative internet security solutions, won a fourth straight round of AV-TEST trials, making the company the undisputed world leader in its field.
    Bitdefender Internet Security won 16 points in September/October testing by AV-TEST, solidifying the lead the company developed early in 2011 and held in July/August testing by the independent anti-virus analyst group.

The other 24 competing home user products that underwent the two months of testing scored between 7.5 and 15.5 points. The number two spot went to F-Secure, which uses Bitdefender’s scan engine.

According to AV-TEST, Bitdefender scored top marks in detecting “a representative set of malware discovered in the last 2-3 months,” plus all “widespread and prevalent malware.” AV-TEST also found that Bitdefender gave off no false warnings or false blockings “of certain actions during download, installation and use of legitimate software.”

More below

For a limited time, when you buy any Bitdefender 2012 antivirus solution,
    you'll get 5 FREE LICENSES to share with your network of friends and family!

More info --->

While I agree that BitDefender is a good Antivirus, I am going to give Av-test a big thumbs down.

Their so called testing method is not even close to accurate. Have you guys heard of their report about free Android AVs?

They didn't test Look Out, Dr.Web, Webroot. The top three Android AVs, instead the compared lesser ones to the premium AVs.
    Ghacks reported about this and it drew a lot of flak from Android users, including Ashraf from Dottech.

I doubt that their PC security software review is genuine.

Yes ash agreed. Av comparitibes is far better. Or go with ICSA WESTCOAST or VB100.
    Last edited by avibky; 10-12-11 at 12:01 PM. Reason: oops wrote av test instead.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Yes ash agreed. Av test is far better. Or go with ICSA WESTCOAST or VB100.
    Huh? I am talking about AV Test. They are not a reliable reviewer site.

I agree with Ashwin 100% on this one. Always read disclaimers for these tests like this one:

Attachment 401

If testing organizations collects entry fee for testing then it's acceptable, as far as the testing results aren't affected by these money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I agree with Ashwin 100% on this one. Always read disclaimers for these tests like this one:

Attachment 401
    That's the worst disclaimer I've ever seen. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    If testing organizations collects entry fee for testing then it's acceptable, as far as the testing results aren't affected by these money.
    Recommending BitDefender as the best may have been done honestly, it is a good product no doubt about it.

But the Android AV comparison, well if they really hadn't heard of the three AVs I mentioned earlier, they shouldn't have done a review at all.
    That shows either their ignorance, or it was a marketing scheme. After seeing the disclaimer statement that Jeremy found, I am convinced it is the latter.

BitDefender AV is good, not sure abt it's FW

I used BitDefender for a couple years but jumped ship almost 2 years ago and they were lagging behind in AV Comparitives testing. (I also read blog and forums posts too.) Ended up using Avast IS for the last year and was really happy with it. Using Avira IS 2012 right now and not sure if I like it or not. I do miss Avast "talking" to me after it's done an update. Too much Star Trek in my youth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast