Thread: Free eBook-Setting up and Configuring a New PC

Thumbs up Free eBook-Setting up and Configuring a New PC

With Christmas only ten days away you might well be lucky enough to receive a new PC or laptop as a present, or you may be giving one as a gift. New computers are fantastic, exciting, invigorating and more. That is once you get past the trial software, the excess software bloat, the slowdowns, the lack of a Windows 7 installation DVD and the arguments in the new year with the manufacturer as you try, and probably fail, to get one. Other than that, and the inevitable worrying that comes afterwards that it’s all going to fail horribly somewhere down the line and destroy all your precious photos and videos, it’s wonderful.

So with all these problems in mind I’ve written a short 25 page eBook which I’m giving away for free. “Setting up and Configuring a New PC” helps you to do just that. It’s a PDF and has been specifically designed to be easy to print so that you can refer to it later (and not so large and full or images that it destroys your printer ink in the process, though you might want to keep a spare blue cartridge handy just in case).

The book deals just with the most important aspects of setting up your computer so that you and your files and documents are safe and protected in the long-term. It’s split into four parts.

Book:

Nice one!!! Definitely something I'd consider giving to all my less tech-savvy friends who call me when their 'puter is ailing.

Thanks Grr, nice find.