Thread: Cannot uninstall Tuneup Utilities 2012

Cannot uninstall Tuneup Utilities 2012

I am unable to uninstall tuneup utilities 2012 from my system. I installed it for testing but right now its not letting me remove it.

Whenever I go for uninstalling it, It reaches a screen which says so many things abt maintenance or tuneup and I should not remove. But if still I wana remove, I should click yes. But if I click yes, nothing happens and the window remains there. Even the click seems that it doesnt work. But if I click on know, it works perfectly.

Any help?

Attachment 403

Keep in mind that I cant use Revo uninstaller too as I am on 64 bit and Revo doesn't support 64 bit OS in Free version.

My suggestion is try "Windows Install CleanUp Utility" .
    After that try to use any uninstaller to remove Tune up Utilities completely.
    If that not work ,then once you ran windows install cleanup utility(or do a restart after that) ,directly delete the Tune Up Utilities folder in "program files" in c drive(mostly).
    And restart your computer and see if it works or not.

Avi use revo. I uninstalled tu2012 for testing and reviewing system mechanic and uninstall worked perfectly. I think uninstaller is broken. Just try and add tuneup to your av exclusions probably unistaller is being blocked. Windows Install CleanUp Utility is not recommended for win7 read it at raymonds

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

try this too

I got Revo free on this and it's a 64 bit Avi.

Quote Originally Posted by clyde View Post
    I got Revo free on this and it's a 64 bit Avi.
    Thanks clyde for pointing it out. Revo did Worked.

Thanks Niroop and Bala for the tip too.

Very nice there. Thanks a friend wants to remove TU 2007 from his XP machine but had left-overs. I'll have him re-install it and use Revo free.