Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: ABC 3 Winners announced here :)

Well I just installed it about an hour ago so I haven't seen much of a difference. I use the ad-blocker ad-on in Firefox as well. I've only been here and on Facebook since the install so I can't say I've really tested it yet.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cosme View Post
    I registered the software with the provided key, however there's one problem when I try to install programs using revo so I sent an email to the support, I hope it can be solved.
    Thanks to the Revo support I was able to solve my problem, here's what happened: when I tried to install a program through Revo Uninstaller the monitoring bar looked like this:
    http://i42.tinypic.com/eqqz6d.jpg

Instead of this:
    http://i44.tinypic.com/25i9qp4.jpg

And after that the setup I chose never started so I was unable to monitor the installation of programs.

What is the cause of this problem?? Sticky Password

When it's unlocked (after I typed the master password) Revo doesn't work correctly but, when Sticky Password is locked, the monitoring of softwares with Revo goes perfectly...I never imagined a password manager software could cause that kind of problems but I still like both Revo Pro and Sticky Password.

I haven't installed anything since winning Revo.I'll try to remember this Cosme.

Received my AdMuncher license. Been waiting to install now I can. Thanks Avinash

Thanks to the Revo support I was able to solve my problem, here's what happened: when I tried to install a program through Revo Uninstaller the monitoring bar looked like this:

And after that the setup I chose never started so I was unable to monitor the installation of programs.

When it's unlocked (after I typed the master password) Revo doesn't work correctly but, when Sticky Password is locked, the monitoring of softwares with Revo goes perfectly...I never imagined a password manager software could cause that kind of problems but I still like both Revo Pro and Sticky Password.
    Interesting. They still haven't fixed that. It was a problem with Sticky Password 4. I complained about it last March in the questionaire "Why did you uninstall Sticky Password?"

They replied,

thank you for trying Sticky Password.

We already know about the Revo uninstaller issue- We´ll try to fix it.
    Guess they haven't.

So, the answer from Revo is to Lock the password database? Is the solution from Revo?

That reminds me. I emailed Revo back in March as well but never heard back from them.

Thanks for reminding me about this Cosme and sharing what you've learned.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

hmmm, interesting, I can't edit a post containing a quote. Noticed that today.

Quote Originally Posted by jelson View Post
    Interesting. They still haven't fixed that. It was a problem with Sticky Password 4....

Guess they haven't.
    You are right, they haven't fixed it and I have the latest version (I just checked for updates). Still I'm keeping Sticky Password as my password manager...

So, the answer from Revo is to Lock the password database? Is the solution from Revo?....
    Well, their answer was that Sticky Password and Hide Window Plus are know to cause problems and turning them off may solve the problem, they also recommended to add RevoUninPro.exe and RevoAppBar.exe to the exclusions list of my security program.

I don't have Hide Window Plus, so I closed Sticky Password, added the exclusions and the problem was fixed, then I opened -but kept locked- Sticky Password and no problems, finally I unlocked Sticky Password and the problem appeared again.

That reminds me. I emailed Revo back in March as well but never heard back from them...
    Maybe they were very busy because I received an answer in just 5 hours.

http://i42.tinypic.com/eqqz6d.jpg

Instead of this:
    http://i44.tinypic.com/25i9qp4.jpg

I remember this issue. I encountered this once and Revo Support Team advised me to discharge Revo Uninstaller from Hide Window Plus but I had never installed such application. Another advise was running Revo in Compact Mode but that did not solved the problem either. In the end I had to reinstall Revo to fix it. Now I can't remember it clearly but it seemed I did have Sticky Password at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Speedbit Video Accelerator Premium License key Winners

Attachment 413
    Thank you and Happy New Year. I won this (4).

I did not receive my license key yet.

john d

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast