Thread: ExtremeCopy Pro Review and License Key Giveaway - Discussion

Smile ExtremeCopy Pro Review and License Key Giveaway - Discussion

This review is Done by our Forum Member Corker. We thank him for doing this excellent review. Greetings, Avinashtech Readers! Today we have another giveaway for you. 10 licenses for ExtremeCopy Pro are on the table for ten lucky people to bring them home. But let’s not rush in, shall we? Spare your moment to read the following notes before [...]

Very nice review, Avi. Really, really like how you put the dev's claim to the test. As mentioned, in my entry comment, I noticed the "verify" feature. Definitely hope I get lucky on this one. Thanks for the review & giveaway!

Verifying files after completion usually is not required, except in the case we need to move file between Network drive. In fact, this feature was not there until ExtremeCopy 2.0. The developer is a nice person but a bit sloppy. He waited for user feedback before he decided to include it. Speaking of Network, that buffer feature I wrote will not be available if we copy or move file over Network because buffer only works within a closed system and Network isn't one.

I did not compare ExtremeCopy with other file copier either, including TeraCopy, but ExtremeCopy is claimed to be faster than TeraCopy as well. Reading reports on a local forum, it seems to be true. A lot of people have confirmed this. My opinion regarding this matter is back to the buffer allocation. Unless with TeraCopy we get 32 MB space to spare in RAM, ExtremeCopy wins. I used TeraCopy several years ago and the only thing left to remember now is that it had better looks than ExtremeCopy. So could someone tell me if TeraCopy has buffer option?

Good review corker. Tera copy has a simplified and basic interface. Yes it does have a write cache. See this screenshot of softpedia here.

I can’t tell if TeraCopy’s write cache is the same entity to ExtremeCopy’s buffer from that screenshot only.

The thing I get instead is that TeraCopy has the ability to integrate into Total Commander and Directory Opus by adding a button on taskbar. I know developer of those file manager provide SDK kit for third party developers. Chances are TeraCopy made use of that path. Easersoft did not make ExtremeCopy work like that in other hand. But XYplorer users probably are able to produce this by themself.

It seemed a few users here are XYplorer users. While XYplorer does not offer SDK, there is Scripting feature by which it is possible to put ExtremeCopy and XYplorer in conjunction. Upon editing script for FastCopy and TeraCopy , may be we can replace XYcopy with ExtremeCopy. During test, i discovered XYcopy does not resume a paused copy task from the point it stopped but from beginning.