Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winrar Archiver Review and License Key Giveaway - Discussion

Smile Winrar Archiver Review and License Key Giveaway - Discussion

Compressing files easily and effectively can be a big problem if you*don’t*have any good compression utility. We need compression utilities not only just for compressing them, but they are useful also if you need to send many files, folders instead of just one big file. You can just compress all your files and folders into a single file and then [...]

Nice review Grr

Which version is being given away?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    Nice review Grr

Which version is being given away?
    Unless otherwise it is stated in any giveaway post, the giveaway license will work on latest version of that software.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Unless otherwise it is stated in any giveaway post, the giveaway license will work on latest version of that software.
    Thanks for the clarification. I suppose it is valid for versions 4.x.

Never won a winrar giveaway, i'll definitely participate

Nice review. I am quite using the trail version for a long time. its good to have a proper FREE licence...
    let me hope this time I do get it.
    thanks for the give away...
    good day

Hmm.... no shortcoming at all?
    Let me list them for you then.

• I used to long WinRAR to have internal previewer like those on PowerArchiver. Internal previewer allows us to browse files inside the archive and threat them just like a regular folder, without prior extraction. It would be great if I could do this with WinRAR too but I think it is unlikely to happen. It seems WinRAR is aimed to excel on every essential aspects of file compression yet remains minimum in size. Throwing internal previewer into WinRAR will boost its size like I have seen in other previewer-enabled-compression tools and none of them has size less than 3 MB.
    • We can't seem to distinguish whether a file is RAR or ZIP by looking only from its associated WinRAR icon.
    • Other cons (but rather insignificant) are its lack of toolbar navigation buttons on file manager mode and support for several less popular archive formats.
    Last edited by corker; 21-12-11 at 06:52 PM.

Color me very pleased to have another chance to score a WinRAR license (still using 3.80 only license)
    Last edited by jelson; 22-12-11 at 03:01 AM.

Shortcomings of a software in no way means comparing it with its competitors. Corker, you should have listed the first point on "What i want to see on winrar" rather than adding it as a con. Moreover the first point you listed isn't clear to me(maybe because i din't use power archiver) and whatever i understood it isn't much important.
    Even i din't support your 2nd point also. Multiple icon leads to confusion and moreover why do i have to know whether a file is a zip or rar when i can open it with same application.
    Last edited by Alpha; 22-12-11 at 04:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast