Thread: How a Phising Email Looks like : (Pretending from Axis Bank of India)

Cool How a Phising Email Looks like : (Pretending from Axis Bank of India)

Have a look at this Phishing email and How to distinguish it.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Ru9yvv2o4y0/S7...00/Phising.png

Phishing is one of the oldest methods to trap a person and even today it is one of the effective tool used by hackers. More awareness on how these hacking methods should be made known to public.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel View Post
    Phishing is one of the oldest methods to trap a person and even today it is one of the effective tool used by hackers. More awareness on how these hacking methods should be made known to public.
    Yes you are right mate. Innocent and ignorant people easily fall into this trap.

thanks ,very useful.when u doubt about such mails forward them to concerned bank

Recently I got this:

...I am a banker by profession in BURKINA FASO, WEST AFRICA and currently holding the post of bill and exchange manager at the foreign remittance department of (BOA) Bank of Africa. I have the opportunity to meet unclaimed funds of ($25.5 Million Dollars) belong to our deceased customer who died along with his entire family in a plane crash.

Hence; I am inviting you for a business deal where this money can be shared between us in the ratio of 60/40 if you agree to my business proposal...
    It seems I'm rich now xD

Thanks Avinash for the info

One more thing to check is the Salutation which in above example is without the name.
    indicates its a phishing mail

This arrived to me just a day ago.
    Very similar like Cosme's Nigeria letter..Mails of this type shows up now and then at my place.
    When the first came it surprised me lot but now when get used to it they many times fascinating to read. They have much of imagination behind and quite alike other e-mails that comes from scammer artists (fake wemen) who looking for dates with attached pictures & stuff. Always lot of storys and if answer it they never giving up in send even more.

The latest I've been out for and which I see as really irritating it's a new kind of advertisement for different products there they collect peoples personal details for purpose of non serious advertisements in get new customers by trick people in play and try their luck in different sorts of games and lotteries by offer new customers everything between expencive trips abroad to cellphones, Ipads and all this well known new stuff from big brands like computers & so on. Yhea I guess you have heard it before
    The worst is...they use spam together with a new way of try to involve the receiver to answer and get involved in even more fake giveaways with only just purpose to trick the person to just spread their own personal details to even more channels of half serious companies. Many of these uses fake bills which is sent to people who they get in this games. It's amazing also to see that their technique in attract people in e-mails also developed in became much more personal there they ask very kindly and use a new very polite style like it was from a real person or someone you know and keeps on begging and begging forever in new e-mails.
    We have links to these advertisers on many banners and stuff in my own country and also noticed that for instance Microsoft & MSN uses these affiliates for much of lotteries here.
    So it's worrying.

DEAR FRIEND,

I HOPE THAT YOU WILL NOT EXPOSE OR BETRAY THIS TRUST THAT I AM ABOUT TO IMPOSE ON YOU FOR THE MUTUAL BENEFIT OF BOTH OF US. I AM DR.MUSA USMAN A BANKER IN ONE OF THE MOST AFRICA LEADING BANKS HERE IN COTE D’IVOIRE IN WEST AFRICA .

I NEED YOUR URGENT ASSISTANCE IN TRANSFERRING THE SUM OF (USD12 M) MILLION TO YOUR ACCOUNT WITHIN 10 TO 14 BANKING DAYS. THIS MONEY BELONGS TO ONE OF THE (UNITED NATIONS PEACE KEEPERS) WHO DIED DURING THE CIVIL WAR IN COTE D‘IVOIRE IN THE YEAR 2002.

THIS MONEY HAS BEEN DORMANT FOR SO MANY YEARS IN OUR BANK WITHOUT ANY BODY CLAIMING THE FUND. I WANT THE BANK TO RELEASE THE MONEY TO YOU AS THE NEXT OF KIN TO OUR DECEASED CUSTOMER.

IN THE DISBURSEMENT OF THE MONEY, I AGREE TO SHARE THE MONEY 50% / 50% WITH YOU BY PROVIDING YOUR ACCOUNT WHERE BANK WILL TRANSFER THE FUND.

OUR BANK OFFICIALS IS PLANING TO DIVERT THE FUND INTO OUR BANK TREASSURY AS AN UNCLAIMED FUND BY THE END OF THIS FISCAL YEAR. I DON'T WANT THE MONEY TO GO INTO OUR BANK ACCOUNT AS AN ABANDONED FUND. SO THIS IS THE REASON WHY I CONTACTED YOU SO THAT BOTH OF US CAN HANDLE THE DEAL AND SHARE THE MONEY 50% / 50%.

I WILL GIVE YOU MORE DETAILS ABOUT THIS PROJECT WHEN I HEAR FROM YOU. THIS BUSINESS IS RISK FREE. AS A BANKER I KNOW THE STRATEGIES TO FOLLOW FOR US TO SUCEED IN THIS TRANSACTION. I WILL PROVIDE YOU EVERY INFORMATION CONCERNING THE DECEASED CUSTOMER AND THE FUND IF THE NEED ARISES.

I NEED YOUR INFORMATION AS STATED BELLOW FOR A START.

1. NAME IN FULL:.......................
    2. ADDRESS:..............................
    3. NATIONALITY:......................
    4. AGE:.....................................
    5. SEX........................................
    6. OCCUPATION:......................
    7. MARITAL STATUS:............
    8. PHONE..................................
    9. FAX:........................................

N.B PLEASE DO REPLY IF YOU ARE NOT CAPABLE TO HANDLE THIS BUSINESS WITH ME.

BEST REGARD,
    MUSA USMAN.
    Last edited by Avinash; 19-01-11 at 02:15 PM.

^^ I don't understand why many phising emails use CAPS.

Yhea, it's suspicious why they doing it.
    I mean, that's only makes it even more obvious that is fake.

Don't know but started to believe Hotmail might be responsible for some of these e-mails in purpose of making researches in how users behave and treat this kind of material.
    That wouldn't surprise myself if that's a fact as they somewhere have to get this information in understand how to develop the service in give appropriate security and protection.
    It's only because they want to know how stupid people is

Best regards
    Amusa