@Cosme, "Same as avibky, I don't use email clients. I've used various security suites but never used the email scan feature. And I agree, it's better to use ssl." -- Thanks for your reply. Appreciated

@avibky, "Ok damein personally i do not use a offline email or email clients. Now except for dr web no other av until i know of can scan ssl based emails. Now kaspersky can scan ssl connections but do not no about an email. You have to rely on thunderbird's junk filter to remove spam. Dont worry any virus which will become active will be detected by the resident shield. Better use ssl." -- Okay thanks there. "Just check this guide How to scan encrypted connections in Kaspersky Internet Security 2012?. This is for kaspersky, see if such a similar option is there in avira." -- Will check it out thanks.

"Damien i would recommend not to enable ssl traffic scanning as most of the times this is considered as a man in the middle attack ie a third party intercepts your connection and tries to catch the data which is exactly what ssl traffic scanner does. Dont worry thunderbirds spam filter will remove most spam mails. Or look for an email with better spam filter..." -- Not to enable SSL traffic scanning -- not use MailGuard to scan emails..correct? -- Man-in-the middle-attack ...hmmm..interesting point there. I have PrevxSOL here...how can it prevent such attacks when using Thunderbird...? Any ideas...?

"Hi, this can scan ssl connections Spamihilator - Free Anti-Spam-Filter" -- Will this one thanks. A thought just entered my mind...has anyone tried to sandbox an email client or sandbox Outlook using Bufferzone, Sandboxie, Avast sandbox-virtualization...? How does Bufferzone behave with an email client...? Anyone tried this one or has experience with it...? How about Trusteer Rapport on email client..? Well haven't had any experience using TR so this might be a wrong term question...despite that..anyone..?

If there are any experiences with email clients and/or opinions regarding them and AV's you guys have or encountered at home and maybe in the office(not necessarily with Thunderbird , can be with Outlook/ Incredimail/Pegasus..etc) can you share it here..? It will be a good read. Thank you so much guys for understanding and for accommodating my inquiries!

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Sorry for the post, I cannot edit it properly as the "save" button was not functioning. I tried to place spaces between the paragraphs but...tsk..