Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MAGIX PC Check & Tuning 2011

Thanks for the info video. Always like to read what others think about different softwares.

I made a mistake, the registry module is from Eusing(freeware), not Erunt.
    There are a LOT of options in "magix", but most of them are easy replaceable with FREE & SMALL tools.
    Eusing Registry cleaner 1MB (or wise registry cleaner as my favorite 2.20 MB)
    Eusing Registry Defragment
    1MB (or wise registry cleaner)
    There is no "magix" defrag tool at all(there are a bunch of good freeware's.. i.e. "iobit smart defrag" = 4MB, or the windows-built in 0 KB
    The Services optimization is easy to do manually( i haven't touch them before, i guess that's where the boot speedup came from) 0 KB
    p.s. good guide=>
    Black Viper’s Windows 7 Service Configurations Guide
    Update Driver's.. there is the freeware "SlimDrivers" = 3.58MB
    And so on...
    Any way, again.. I LIKE what it does, but i'm probably gona use REVO once again or restore my backup from before magix, i don't need/want an elephant(180MB installed) running in my back yard if i can replace it with a couple of dogs and still get the things done

By.
    Last edited by video; 09-01-12 at 11:16 PM.

I tried to install it and it would never finish downloading. Sometimes it goes upto 50 mb or so and hangs up. I also tried disabling Kaspersky to see if it was blocking something, but it didn't help. Also, the installer is too slow, perhaps it's just me. Unless there is a different installer or a more stable mirror, I won't try installing it again.

Ashwin, maybe you can try to download the setup on another pc/place and quit the instalation, then the installer(120MB) will be saved in "documents/magix downloads.."

Quote Originally Posted by video View Post
    Ashwin, maybe you can try to download the setup on another pc/place and quit the instalation, then the installer(120MB) will be saved in "documents/magix downloads.."
    Thanks for that, but I just deleted the incomplete file from the location you mentioned and ran the installer again and it worked.

Will observe whether it actually tweaks my PC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12