Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AVG Anti-Virus 2012 Giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by coolng View Post
    No!! it restricted to my area. Anyone can help me get a key for me I tried HMA proxy but no luck >.<
    Sent AVG code to your pm box.
    Note that the AVG code above is a 'sales number' and you need to go to
    to turn your sales number in to a licence code which you can use within AVG AntiVirus. When you register online, the licence starts immediately, so do not delay entering your licence code in to your AVG software.

Awaiting approval 48hrs

"Fingers Crossed"

I tried to use Dave proxy but I can't seen to get one also. The least I could do was get a notice after two weeks. A friend said that she got the same notice but after two weeks zit-zero.

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorRaul View Post
    I tried to use Dave proxy but I can't seen to get one also. The least I could do was get a notice after two weeks. A friend said that she got the same notice but after two weeks zit-zero.
    You need to use a VPN or a Proxy set-up in your browser's settings, not just a Proxy-website like Daveproxy, which basically tries to redirect you, but doesn't allow most of the scripts on the page.

I know I'm going to sound foolish, but how do I set up a proxy? The giveaway is not available in our country either.

Key received today

Quote Originally Posted by Firebreather View Post
    I know I'm going to sound foolish, but how do I set up a proxy? The giveaway is not available in our country either.
    Don't worry, most people don't know how to set-up a proxy. It's quite easy,

1. Open your browser, I am using Firefox, so I'll explain the steps for it.
    2. Click on the Orange Firefox Button on the top-left.
    3. Click on Options-> Options->Advanced->Network->Settings.
    4. Select Manual proxy configuration.
    5. Now you need to enter the IP address and port for the HTTPS connections, you can find such proxies easily. Just Google for whatever proxy you want, for eg: UK proxy or UK Proxy server.
    6. Make sure you check the option to "Use this proxy for all protocols" and click on OK.

That's it, you set-up your proxy. To return to your normal IP, follow steps 1 to 3 and click on No proxy and click OK.

Personally I find vpns can do better as you can connect/disconnect with a click of the mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    You need to use a VPN or a Proxy set-up in your browser's settings, not just a Proxy-website like Daveproxy, which basically tries to redirect you, but doesn't allow most of the scripts on the page.
    Thank you for the explanation and reply. I am using Google Chrome at the moment and will see if I can get through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12