Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 Giveaway

BitDefender Internet Security 2010 Giveaway

I have ( 2) BitDefender Internet Security 2010 3 year license which each have 1014 days left on them that I would like to transfer to any Avinashtech forum member that is in need of one. Just let me know.

MIKE

Avinash Guest

Re: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 Giveaway

Thanx Mike for the licenses.

Before I read this, I didn't knew Bitdefender give a 3 year license too. So I just checked on their website and found that they do give 3 year licenses. That's pretty big period

I was going to ask for a license but then decided I am happy with what I have and someone else may be able to use it more than I. Nice of you to offer though!

Paul

Hey Mike,

1014 days subscription huh?

Thats an incredible giveaway. I have online armor for my XP,thanks to Avinash, but its only for one year and i have nothing for my vista though except stupid NAV.
    I remember one particular call from a customer who was having trouble with Bitdefender and spybot,
    although im pretty darn sure it was a call about spybot's annoying pop-ups.

Hmmm, im gonna check Bitdefender's features, gotta compare them to KIS

Avinash and Paul know about my Norton woes.
    And Paul, i took your advice and downloaded malwarebytes and guess what, Trojans!
    Norton is going to lose three customers this year, thats for sure (including 2 of my friends, we bought a 3 user pack )

The free subscription i have with Online Armor is for 1 year and i have 105 days with Norton anti virus. Do i need a 3 year Internet security?
    I have never had a Internet security Suite in my PC, just an antivirus.
    What do you think Avinash and Paul ? Should i participate in this giveaway?

(Although if someone else who doesnt have protection on their PC gets it, id be happy with that)

Avinash Guest

Ashwin, I am one of those guys who asks my friends to remove norton as son as they can.

I have previously said too, even if you got 100 days of NAV more, whats the use of it if it cant detect trojans or viruses etc.

just a small advice.... be safe than wait for NAV to expire :P

Oh ok,

Well i guess you are right Avinash, and its not everyday you are offered a 3 year subscription,
    "Dont look a gift horse in the mouth", time to follow this i suppose.
    Yo! Paul, are you there? Sure you wanna give it a miss? I think he loves PC tools firewall and Avira too much!

Alright, Mike you can count me in.

Im downloading the trial version to see how it runs.

Well i had trouble downloading the trial version
    Cnet link doesnt work, and even the BitDefender website didnt start the download

But i found one on my favourite site softpedia.
    Direct link for BIS 2010 trial (its a 154kb setup initialization file )
    Code:
    http://www.bitdefender.com/sub/433/bitdefender_isecurity_softpedia.exe

Hmmm that didnt work either. Installation stopped due to an internal error.
    Maybe their server is down for maintenance

Very sorry.

I was downloading some mp3 files in the background and forgot all about it and hence BitDefender could not connect. Slow connection.
    Downloading from the official site. :-D

Yo! Paul, are you there? Sure you wanna give it a miss? I think he loves PC tools firewall and Avira too much!
    LOL. No, it's just that it's what's done the best job for keeping me safe for some time although I have been seeing a slight decline in Avira lately which is beginning to give me the red flag. Perhaps I'm odd, don't know, but I look at AV and other protection as a stock market. I watch rates, detections, rises and falls, who's buying, who's not, etc... and mainly by what I get out of it or what I get when I use it on infected computers.
    Bitdefender has been really good in many tests too. Either way, they are both good. Perhaps I should just accept a license and run BitDefender since they are so close in detection rates anyway.

Ok, fine, I'm sold. I'll take a license and run BD instead, I could use a full security suite anyway and as stated, Avira is worrying me lately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast