Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simpo PDF Password Remover Giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by Firebreather View Post
    When you are using a password-remover, don't you think you are breaking the restriction the creator of the pdf file? Should that be ethical?
    Interesting question, if you remove the password you're indeed breaking the restrictions of the pdf. However I don't know why it is so necessary to block copying or printing of the file when you can print screen captures of the pdf and copy text using OCR.
    Is it ethical? well, that depends on yourself ^◡^

Please do not count me in.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks for the giveaway and count me in please.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosme View Post
    Interesting question, if you remove the password you're indeed breaking the restrictions of the pdf. However I don't know why it is so necessary to block copying or printing of the file when you can print screen captures of the pdf and copy text using OCR. Is it ethical? well, that depends on yourself ^◡^
    Well, when someone has imposed a restriction on their creation, we should respect it. Very true the document may be printed by other means. But from what I've observed most password-protected pdf documents, prevent their content from being copied or edited. And the effects of printing a snapshot or screen capture is not the same the same as copy-paste and then printing. As far as I'm concerned, I believe I'm going to respect the view of the creator as far as editing or copying content goes... But I'll have to break the print restrictions in most cases.. Printing of a screenshot is often of a disastrous quality when you compare to the direct print of the document.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosme View Post
    Good luck to everyone.
    Thank you and the very same to you too and everone else here.

Please licence
    thx

Congratulations to the winners. Top six names will find your license in your pm box.

http://i40.tinypic.com/fjerdx.png

Received license. Thank you!

I have been received my license. Thanks Mike!

Congrats to those winners!

Please count me in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast