Thread: Standalone Norton Identity Safe.

Standalone Norton Identity Safe.

The password management and ID protection feature available in Norton Internet Security And 360 editions is now available as a Standalone beta version. IT also includes the Norton Safeweb toolbar. It supports IE , Google Chrome, Opera and Safari.

Take a look here

Thanks but no thanks. Yesterday I told you I prefer Norton/Kaspersky/Avast, but I will never try Norton again after coming across some appalling news.

Symantec have been slammed by the Android community for faking a news about a possible malware risk. In reality the so-called malware was just a form of aggressive-ads.
    People all over,criticized Symantec's technique as "Scaring the people to buy their products."

Read more at these blogs,

Hmm bad news.
    why does norton want to go downhill. Symantec was one of the companies which had a great recovery. But yet its user choice.

Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    The password management and ID protection feature available in Norton Internet Security And 360 editions is now available as a Standalone beta version. IT also includes the Norton Safeweb toolbar. It supports IE , Google Chrome, Opera and Safari.

Take a look here
    No firefox?? that's strange.

Yeah no ff i suppose. Softpedia does not list it

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Remember its beta

Mistake on the part of Softpedia. Firefox is supported. Direct page @ Symantec

I'm familiar with this since it's included in Norton IS & Norton 360 (a friend runs Norton IS). Does a good job of handling website logins.

Does require you to install the Norton Toolbar for it to function in FF (no idea about IE or Chrome).

I imagine the beta part is it functioning as a stand-alone.

Bill Mullins blogged about this offering today
    Last edited by jelson; 01-02-12 at 05:36 AM.

Suddenly why the computer security companies taking interest on password managers??? First it was Kaspersky with its , then it was Avast with its and now its Norton. My suggestion to them would be to stick to what you are best at

Actually, Identity Safe was part of Norton IS 2010.