Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How soon do I need to install Returnil that I won in Giveaway?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I can smell another debate on this thread ........... anybody want the topic??

Topic:- Is is a good idea to let the members know that all has got the same license key? I mean now anybody can see this thread and start sharing the license with his/her friends, family members, relatives etc. And when the registration increases to more than 100 we all will end up with a pirated copy.
    I find it very odd when the develops assign a single license with 20/50/100 registrations, without thinking the consequences.
    I feel there is no problem disclosing that we used the same key for all the winners, we trust they will use it wisely. Its all about trusting one another.
    And even if they get a failed activation notice, all they need to do is email me a copy of the email that Avinash sent him/her and I'll forward it to the developer and sort it out.

Actually Returnil offered us more licenses, but I told them 100 is sufficient.

And what gives you the idea that the license would work beyond 100+ activations?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    I feel there is no problem disclosing that we used the same key for all the winners, we trust they will use it wisely. Its all about trusting one another.
    And even if they get a failed activation notice, all they need to do is email me a copy of the email that Avinash sent him/her and I'll forward it to the developer and sort it out.

Actually Returnil offered us more licenses, but I told them 100 is sufficient.

And what gives you the idea that the license would work beyond 100+ activations?
    I am not saying not to trust anybody but i am saying some things are better kept untold. These kind of situations can lead to license leak and finally it can turn into a pirated copy. No licenses are born pirated its the people who misuse it makes it one so we should take every kind of precaution to prevent it to happen.

So what do you think after 100 successful activations it will stop working?? If you think that way then i can assure you that all licenses don't work that way. Infact i should say 99.99% licenses don't work that way. Why don't you give me you'r winRAR license and take my Ashampoo Burning studio license and test it?? I can guarantee you both the license will work for atleast another 100 years before it getting blacklisted. Not all developers keep track of activation counts and that is why most pirated licenses still works. To be extra careful you just need to switch off the update and you are good to go. So never think that after X no. of activations it will stop working. It will always work.

Well,

Unlimited activations work only for those software's where activations are not server based and are activated offline without communicating to the software server.

Regarding this particular case, I know for sure that activations will work only for that limited number of activations for which the key is assigned. Also, the keys which we gave are already valid for 3 systems for every winner and I don't think anyone need more than that.

Regarding pirating, there are other ways to do that and those who want to pirate will do it one way or the other. For them this fact doesn't make a difference that if the key is a individual license or a community license.

Anyway... we this is a non-ending debate

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I am not saying not to trust anybody but i am saying some things are better kept untold. These kind of situations can lead to license leak and finally it can turn into a pirated copy. No licenses are born pirated its the people who misuse it makes it one so we should take every kind of precaution to prevent it to happen.

So what do you think after 100 successful activations it will stop working?? If you think that way then i can assure you that all licenses don't work that way. Infact i should say 99.99% licenses don't work that way. Why don't you give me you'r winRAR license and take my Ashampoo Burning studio license and test it?? I can guarantee you both the license will work for atleast another 100 years before it getting blacklisted. Not all developers keep track of activation counts and that is why most pirated licenses still works. To be extra careful you just need to switch off the update and you are good to go. So never think that after X no. of activations it will stop working. It will always work.
    When they generated the license for us, they made it so it will work for 100 activations only. Returnil connects to their server to activate and register the license.
    Regarding other softwares I am not sure how many use a hardware footprint for activating a license, but I think Returnil does.

I think this debate and thread should now be closed

Quote Originally Posted by akiratoriyama View Post
    I think this debate and thread should now be closed
    I agree 100% so closing this thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12