Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How soon do I need to install Returnil that I won in Giveaway?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question How soon do I need to install Returnil that I won in Giveaway?

Newbie Here-My apologies if I am not following Forum Rules and guidelines-I recently entered,and won,giveaway for Returnil.. I currently have a version installed that won't expire for about another 6 months-I would prefer to maximize my amount of protected time as much as possible,and not install recently awarded Returnil until the installed version time limit wears out...however,bearing that in mind,I don't want to lose my awarded version because of expiry...Comments,suggestions,remarks,anyone? Thank you, in advance, for your insight. Yours,Michael Vanier.

Well, All the licenses were linked which means you should activate it ASAP as even if one of the winners activated the license, then the period of shelf life (if any) started for every winner.

Just send a support email to them if you need a exact answer. You can refer that you won the key here.

Thanks,again,Ashraf,to you,and for Everything you do !!!

I wrote support today and will post their answer as soon as I hear something from them.

I should've seen this thread earlier and what Avinash said about the license period is correct.

Check my post here: http://www.avinashtech.net/important-announcements/3135-27.htm#post19941

I can smell another debate on this thread ........... anybody want the topic??

Topic:- Is is a good idea to let the members know that all has got the same license key? I mean now anybody can see this thread and start sharing the license with his/her friends, family members, relatives etc. And when the registration increases to more than 100 we all will end up with a pirated copy.
    I find it very odd when the develops assign a single license with 20/50/100 registrations, without thinking the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I can smell another debate on this thread ........... anybody want the topic??

Topic:- Is is a good idea to let the members know that all has got the same license key? I mean now anybody can see this thread and start sharing the license with his/her friends, family members, relatives etc. And when the registration increases to more than 100 we all will end up with a pirated copy.
    I find it very odd when the develops assign a single license with 20/50/100 registrations, without thinking the consequences.
    I feel there is no problem disclosing that we used the same key for all the winners, we trust they will use it wisely. Its all about trusting one another.
    And even if they get a failed activation notice, all they need to do is email me a copy of the email that Avinash sent him/her and I'll forward it to the developer and sort it out.

Actually Returnil offered us more licenses, but I told them 100 is sufficient.

And what gives you the idea that the license would work beyond 100+ activations?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    I feel there is no problem disclosing that we used the same key for all the winners, we trust they will use it wisely. Its all about trusting one another.
    And even if they get a failed activation notice, all they need to do is email me a copy of the email that Avinash sent him/her and I'll forward it to the developer and sort it out.

Actually Returnil offered us more licenses, but I told them 100 is sufficient.

And what gives you the idea that the license would work beyond 100+ activations?
    I am not saying not to trust anybody but i am saying some things are better kept untold. These kind of situations can lead to license leak and finally it can turn into a pirated copy. No licenses are born pirated its the people who misuse it makes it one so we should take every kind of precaution to prevent it to happen.

So what do you think after 100 successful activations it will stop working?? If you think that way then i can assure you that all licenses don't work that way. Infact i should say 99.99% licenses don't work that way. Why don't you give me you'r winRAR license and take my Ashampoo Burning studio license and test it?? I can guarantee you both the license will work for atleast another 100 years before it getting blacklisted. Not all developers keep track of activation counts and that is why most pirated licenses still works. To be extra careful you just need to switch off the update and you are good to go. So never think that after X no. of activations it will stop working. It will always work.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I am not saying not to trust anybody but i am saying some things are better kept untold. These kind of situations can lead to license leak and finally it can turn into a pirated copy. No licenses are born pirated its the people who misuse it makes it one so we should take every kind of precaution to prevent it to happen.

So what do you think after 100 successful activations it will stop working?? If you think that way then i can assure you that all licenses don't work that way. Infact i should say 99.99% licenses don't work that way. Why don't you give me you'r winRAR license and take my Ashampoo Burning studio license and test it?? I can guarantee you both the license will work for atleast another 100 years before it getting blacklisted. Not all developers keep track of activation counts and that is why most pirated licenses still works. To be extra careful you just need to switch off the update and you are good to go. So never think that after X no. of activations it will stop working. It will always work.
    When they generated the license for us, they made it so it will work for 100 activations only. Returnil connects to their server to activate and register the license.
    Regarding other softwares I am not sure how many use a hardware footprint for activating a license, but I think Returnil does.

They responded to my question.
    Hello,
    Thank you for your interest in RSS Pro 2011 and the giveaway promotion. The answer to your question is a no and yes. In this specific scenario the license period has already begun for all seats with the first registration of a client by any of the participants in the giveaway. If you purchase a license however, the licensing period does not begin until at least one client under said license is registered. Until that time, the licensing stays in stasis and you could hold a license for 6 months and still have a full 12 months of registered use.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If you have any further queries, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions -
    , our official forum -
    or feel free to contact us via email.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast