Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Giveaway of the Day - XYplorer 10.80

From the comments i found out people with 64bit architecture faced a lot of problems using it.

While I appreciate that Grr has pointed out it is a beta version, I should also say that I've been using 10.80.0100 for about a week and haven't found any bugs.

FYI, they are offering the same version on their download page as well, so I am pretty sure that they did not intend to giveaway a beta version, rather they gave away the latest possible version.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashwin View Post
    While I appreciate that Grr has pointed out it is a beta version, I should also say that I've been using 10.80.0100 for about a week and haven't found any bugs.

FYI, they are offering the same version on their download page as well, so I am pretty sure that they did not intend to giveaway a beta version, rather they gave away the latest possible version.
    Incase you din't notice, you are using the latest whereas Grr pointed out that they gave 10.80.0200 which is a Beta release.

Even the also suggested version 10.80.0100. So its clearly a cheap tactics from them and we should voice against it.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-02-12 at 01:40 AM.

Here everything looks correct...

I think that's because the 10.80.0200 version is not beta anymore. I typed "think" because, right now, my copy of XYplorer (10.80.0100) indicates:
    There is a new official version (10.80.0200) available for download.
    However I don't see it on the or the .

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Incase you din't notice, you are using the latest whereas Grr pointed out that they gave 10.80.0200 which is a Beta release.

Even the also suggested version 10.80.0100. So its clearly a cheap tactics from them and we should voice against it.
    Thanks for pointing out. Didn't notice the version number properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosme View Post
    I think that's because the 10.80.0200 version is not beta anymore. I typed "think" because, right now, my copy of XYplorer (10.80.0100) indicates:

However I don't see it on the or the .
    Same here.

Hmm putting beta version is bad. Maybe not sure it may have progressed to RC. If in a few days xyplorer puts it as the latest release then it means that it was an RC, or else it was a cheap trick to push beta to consumers.

Don't get this wrong, fellas. I know Don. He won't play a cheap trick against his potential costumers. Such act would only ruin his reputation.
    So despite being beta, I am sure it is safe enough for public release. Hey, even a stable version doesn't mean to be free from bugs.

In fact, I recall a member reported an issue on XYplorer forum that XYplorer 10.80.0100 couldn't preview PDF file as the former versions used to be. No thumbnail generating was the issue, if I am not mistaken.

I am certain the reason Don decided to give away a beta version is because he has put the fix for that issue on this beta. Hence, this beta should be better than the stable 10.80.0100. It is just that the event on GOTD occured a few days before the official release of XYplorer 10.80.0200. May be he was chased by the deadline.
    Last edited by corker; 08-02-12 at 04:58 PM.

Well said corker. Yes developers usually wont do such things. Grr are you on beta channel? or probably its an RC, so it s fine.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Well said corker. Yes developers usually wont do such things. Grr are you on beta channel? or probably its an RC, so it s fine.
    it Was beta for me, removed then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12