Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which degree to choose.

Which degree to choose.

Hello guys, I know our forum abounds with techies. I am in 10th std and would love to pursue a career in IT Security or with reputed company like MS, GOOGLE etc.

I would be opting for Integrated Course after 10th which is IIT-jee training +11th and 12th.

So i would like to know which degree should i opt for.

Should i opt for a Bsc degree or BE degree.

In BE should i go in for IT or Computers or Electronics and Telecommunications.

What is the main difference between a BE and Bsc degree.

Thanks for your help guys.
    Last edited by avibky; 17-02-12 at 12:33 AM.

Don't know enough to offer advice other than "always trust your instincts."

I'm sure someone else here will have more specific insight on how to guide you.

LUCK!

I also have no idea what to tell you Bala but your on your way if you already know what you want to pursue at your age. Hold your head up and go all the way with your dreams and never look back.

Thanks mike. I am actually waiting for ash,avi and sam. Thanks once more mike.

@Bala

I will talk specific to Indian Situation.

The best option is to get a BE/ BTech. in Electronics and Communication instead of IT. This opinion is based on what I know and have learned all along my career.

BSc degree should be avoided at all cost. The difference between them... Honestly I cant put that in words but they are far away from each other. Engineering approach is much different and practical to any problem compared to the BSc one.

Hope it answers your query.

PS: Sorry for the late reply. Busy with too many things these days.

I suggest you to take B.Tech instead of B.Sc. Because when it comes to job opportunities, both BSc and B.Tech students are eligible for most of the interviews, but there will be some, where only B.Tech candidates are preferred. So, I suggest you to go for B.Tech.

One important suggestion regarding course in B.Tech (Computer Science or Electronics etc), If you want to try jobs in both sectors, i.e, government and private, then go for branches other than CSE and IT. Right now, in India we have very less IT jobs in government sector, where as there are plenty of jobs for ECE, EEE, Mechanical and Civil students.

Finally, BSc or BTech, doesn't matter much. Which ever path you chose, just give 100% effort (I know you will ). You'll come out with flying colors. All the best bro

I think Avinash and Samuel explained it pretty well. I am backing them.

The reason people choose B.Sc is,

1. They didn't score well in their exams. or
    2. They couldn't get a seat in an Engineering college. or
    3. They couldn't afford to pay the fees for an Engineering degree. or
    4. They were afraid that Engineering would be too difficult for them.

But there are students who shine with a B.Sc degree or apply for a Masters Degree later.

I don't think you will have such problems , choose an Engineering degree (I would suggest EEE, ECE or Mech).

Follow your heart and play on your strengths. But whatever you choose you HAVE TO work hard to succeed.

As already said go for BE/BTech.CS/ E&I/E&C/IT- streamsIf u could (after Btech/BE), go for GRE and do ur MS in the US, and get paid $70000/year & moreelse, after BE/Btech - join some Indian IT company....and try ur luck.....Grr

Thankyou ash and grr. Grr for getting into a foreign univ what exam do i have to give?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast