Just received the sad news that my license for Internet Download Manager (IDM) is expiring in 5 days

Of course, after this year I find myself wondering how I lived without it.

However, I dutifully clicked the "Buy Online" button in the Registration menu only to find there's no renewal price, but the normal price for a license.

I had already been wondering how IDM's competitor's compared and there being no renewal price break really made me wonder.

I recalled there was Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) offering as part of ABC3 (I entered in hopes of winning since I knew IDM was going to expire soon... but no luck... oh well!)

So I checked to see what the winners had to say in the Giveaway Reviews subforum... only to find there are none yet!

But what can I say? I haven't finished installing my new machine yet and so I haven't posted feedback reviews on the couple of wins I scored either... yet!

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if any one has extensively tried IDM as well as any of it's competitors like DAP?

If so just how well do they compare with IDM?

I mainly use the increase DL speed and the video download functions in IDM, on some rare ocassions I also use the SiteGrab function.

Any feedback and sharing of experience will be greatly appreciated since I have only 5 days to pony up some $ or go back to slow-ville.