Thread: Send free SMS, Text Messages with Gmail Chat - Discussion

Smile Send free SMS, Text Messages with Gmail Chat - Discussion

There are many web services available to send SMS or text messages for Free. Popular email service Gmail too is now offering you this feature inside its*web-mail*and now you can send**SMS or text messages to almost anyone in the world.*This*new option of sending SMS was visible in my Gmail account just yesterday. *Chat option in [...]

I have alrready spotted this feature 2 days ago and also realized that no Indian operators are supported. Yahoo mail is better where free sms can be sent without any limit. Secondly this feature present from a long time in sify mail which actually uses gmail services.

Does this feature require GMail account sign up for both sender-receiver?
    I do have GMail account but not sure if the SMS receivers have it as well.

Moreover, do I have to associate any mobile numbers within active timeframe to enjoy this?

Intriguing. Currently, I don't have text msg'n on my cell phone.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Jeslon do you mean that you do not have text message feature on your phone. In here all phones have SMS. Do not know how it functions there. Enlighten me please.

Read Below...

"Buying" additional messages

Keep in mind that if you'd like a higher message credit, you can always send an SMS to your own phone, and then reply to that message multiple times. Every time you send a reply message, your SMS credit is increased by five. Effectively, you're buying more messages by paying your phone company for these outgoing messages.

There are many free alternatives which aren't bound by any "credit system" although they require the recipient to have the app too.

Whatsapp, Kakao Talk, Samsung's Chaton.
    Then there is Viber and obviously Skype though I am not sure about texting.

I am just gonna stick to my Phone provider's sms service.