View Poll Results: Which browser do you use?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer

3 16.67%
  • Firefox

13 72.22%
  • Google Chrome

9 50.00%
  • Opera

3 16.67%
  • Safari

1 5.56%
  • Maxthon

0 0%
  • Avant Browser

0 0%
  • Other

1 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which browser do you use?

I agree with Raghav, if you want to use Chrome you should try first Chromium.

I bid farewell to Mozila Firefox. SRWare Iron for me now. Not because its privacy-related feature but due to Google Chrome requires too much spaces for installation. While Chrome to User's Application Data directory, Iron installs to C:\Program Files folder so I am able to share the browser with other user accounts. Iron is developed by Chromium Author, the same author that develop Chromium.

I tried SRware Iron but i feel its slower than chrome. I also hate the fact that it its default homapge ironstart has some lewd adds on it. Otherwise its just rebranded chrome. Will try comodo dragon.

You mean the link texts to IP-Secrets and Bild.me? Those are SRWare's mutual web services so it is normal for them to be promoted on Iron's default search engine page (Ironstart).
    I find them occasionally useful. For instance when I am being connected to the Internet under VPN, IP-Secrets can be used to confirm if the masking really works. We can change Ironstart anytime we like, of course. In fact, I don't use it myself.

Regarding speed, I have ever found some reports that Iron is the fastest Chromium-based browser. But it has never really bothered me (whether Iron is faster or not than Chrome or Firefox). I am running on low bandwidth after all.

Corker I do not mean those bookmarks. Instead on the iron web start web page you get sleazy adds.

Was a FF user but it has slowed down over the last few updates ...so I switched th Chrome but still use FF now and then.

I'm a principally a Firefox user. I use also the portable versions of Firefox and Opera.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Corker I do not mean those bookmarks. Instead on the iron web start web page you get sleazy adds.
    Really? I can't seem to remember that.
    In fact, ever since I updated to the latest Iron 17 the Ironstart page has been missing.
    Now I use Ixquick Search Engine as default.

I use Chrome 18 and Firefox 11 on my Windows 7 X64.

Chrome Version 31.0.1650.57 on Windows 7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12