Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removed themes and few addons due to security issue

Removed themes and few addons due to security issue

I have to remove themes and few addons due to security issue. Forum got infected with some malware for few hours yesterday as someone was able to inject something in few files. To get rid of that, I had to remove them and reinstall forum again. Site is back to normal now. Even though I was able to identify the issue almost instantly, I would advise you to check your system with your antivirus if you visited us around evening yesterday i.e may be between 6PM- 10 PM IST (+530 GMT). Sorry for any inconvenience guys.

Thank god at 6PM the power went. There was some major fault. I actually like this theme but miss the chatbox. You can ask us for any assistance. PS I am experienced with handling of forums. Same thing happened at tipradar.in so I switched to smf instead of phpBB which is more vulnerable. I hope forum returns to normal and you can expect full co operation from us.

I visited a few times yesterday and got a popup warning me of this. Glad everything is back up and running.

Yup Mike. The warning page from Google was there. Thankfully I was able to fix it.

I liked the forum style I had before but it's due to a very good reason so it's alright. I'm glad to read there was a warning page to alert the visitors

test reply

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    test reply
    test quote

hope u would b able to add the chatbox soon.

Glad to hear you fixed it before it did serious damage. I miss the themes though.

On a sidenote, I can see ads are appearing even if I am logged in to the forum, not that I am complaining. I've disabled Adblock for your websites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast