Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eset Smart Security 5 firewall and HIPS questions

No probs nmap can be used, even I have a dialup net. See if your using Outpost try using something simple like MSE or AVG Free. Ditch Nod32. Use OA with Nod32. Use outposts guide to see how to use nod32 with it. Check this guide for using Nod32+Outpost

Hi avibky,

I have OA Premium and I used OA with Nod32 awhile when I was testing it and later I went to Outpost. I actually like OA better but I seem to see that the system lags a bit after a few days of use with Nod32. It was the same experience with Avira Premium 2012 for which I switched to Comodo. If you have a tip on how to remedy that lagging or the system slows down after around 3-4 days of that tandem I'd be happy to use it. That combination is okay with OA hips really superb!

On the link that you gave me, I have already excluded the Agnitum folders in Nod32(Program Files and Program Data actually). That's a behavior I do when I combine setups so there will not be conflicts.

I'll try nmap this weekend
    Last edited by jason7619; 28-04-12 at 12:06 AM.

Ok Jason using a promo grab Tuneup Utilities 2011. I have used it and always it speeds my pc. ITs my personal recommendation. Just see if Nod32 has any HIPS and if so disable. I am saying so as Vipre AV has HIPS service which needs to be disabled before using OA.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

See this guide to disable ESET HIPS . This the reason I dont use AV+F/w combos. But see if it works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12